Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Controlling adaptive ruffing lead in and lead out.
SprutCAM forum > SprutCAM Forum > SprutCAM 9
Bob Gray
Hi. I ran into a problem in SC9 were I want to use adaptive ruffing but the part needs to be below the surface of the jaws. Even though I defined a restricted zone the program keeps placing the start of the cutter were the vice jaw will be. See attached picture. The operation is disable. Its called "ruffing slot".

I've attached the SC file. Any help would be great.
Sprut_UK
Hi Bob,

You cannot use the 'Restrict zone' feature to keep machining 'within' an area, you can only use it to exclude machining from an area.
In the attached modified version of you project I have 'Joined' your original 2D geometry that you were using to create a closed boundary I have then used this to 'Extrude' a fixture (Hole) to restrict your machining. You can also add extra 'stock' to this to give yourself an extra safety margin if required.
I have added the extruded fixture to the machine itself (top of machining list). All of the subsequent operations automatically inherit this fixture. You can remove a fixture from a subsequent operation by selecting the operations fixture list and deleting the 'Fixtures of the previous operation' option.

I hope this helps?

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.