Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SprutCAM 10 is now released
Sprut_UK
post Dec 3 2015, 01:42 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

SprutCAM 10 is now released. More information and download instructions are available here: http://www.sprutcam.com/about-us/pressroom...mp;lefttab=4644

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mike Henry
post Dec 3 2015, 11:39 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

Looks like they have added some nice features. If you have been running it Dave, what are your thoughts?

+Quote Post
vvelikov
post Dec 12 2015, 06:59 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,583

Just to say that i am impressed with the new version!
They not just put new operations inside, but improved the old ones as well smile.gif

The advanced robots axis map have now collisions included into the map which helps me a lot
Still experimenting with the laser cutting, welding and additive operation, but from what i see i am really exited

Good job!

+Quote Post
vvelikov
post Dec 12 2015, 07:02 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,583

here is something i did recently with the 5x operation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93oG1SfcAPA

you can also check my youtube channel for more examples of Sprutcam work

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Dec 17 2015, 12:07 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Mike Henry @ Dec 3 2015, 11:39 PM) *
Looks like they have added some nice features. If you have been running it Dave, what are your thoughts?

Hi Mike, sorry but I missed your original posting, the forum software doesn't seem to be sending e-mails at the moment..........
I have been using the SprutCAM 10 through the development period, and it has some very nice new features as well as improvements to existing features.
Rather than me go through and list all of them, the new / improved features available in V10 can be viewed here: http://www.sprutcam.com/files/documentatio...l?whats_new.htm

The new V10 can be downloaded for a free 30 day trial and will sit quite happily beside any existing copies of SprutCAM that may already be installed.

I hope this helps?

If there are any specific questions about V10 I will be happy to answer them.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Dec 17 2015, 12:11 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (vvelikov @ Dec 12 2015, 07:02 PM) *
here is something i did recently with the 5x operation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93oG1SfcAPA

you can also check my youtube channel for more examples of Sprutcam work

Thanks for posting this............I really want to get a robot now wink.gif

Dave

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Mike Henry
post Dec 17 2015, 11:27 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Dec 17 2015, 12:07 PM) *
Hi Mike, sorry but I missed your original posting, the forum software doesn't seem to be sending e-mails at the moment.......... I have been using the SprutCAM 10 through the development period, and it has some very nice new features as well as improvements to existing features. Rather than me go through and list all of them, the new / improved features available in V10 can be viewed here: http://www.sprutcam.com/files/documentatio...l?whats_new.htm The new V10 can be downloaded for a free 30 day trial and will sit quite happily beside any existing copies of SprutCAM that may already be installed. I hope this helps? If there are any specific questions about V10 I will be happy to answer them. Dave

Thanks Dave - that's a really impressive set of new features. You probably can't answer, but are Imperial units better handled now? In SC9, feed rates and other parameters would sometimes default to metric units in the (uneditable) unit descriptor, though the values were Imperial. I've also had issues with the milling tool library in that it was difficult to change tool specs on occasion and sometimes difficult to sort the library by tool number. I'm also very interested in the turning ops for a new CNC lathe in my shop. I only played with the turning ops briefly in SC9 but got some very strange toolpaths with that version.

Mike

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Dec 20 2015, 08:38 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Hi Mike, sorry, but I haven't done any testing of the SprutCAM units issues, I was weaned off imperial units a long time ago tongue.gif I understand that there have been issues with the default units, it's probably best to raise this with Tormach as a lot (not all) of these default settings can be changed / set via a machine configuration (*.xml).

The tool library and lack of materials library are two area's within SprutCAM that do need improvement, but I think that they have unfortunately slipped down the priority list over the years. I hope that, and I will be lobbying hard for, changes to be made to these area's. It is important that SprutCAM is run with full administrator rights because sometimes Windows itself can lay claim to the *.csv format which is used by the SprutCAM tools library as well as other applications.

The lathe ops are very good in V9 as well as in V10. Can you perhaps provide an example of the strange toolpaths produced by V9?

Dave

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Mike Henry
post Dec 29 2015, 10:37 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Dec 20 2015, 08:38 AM) *
Hi Mike, sorry, but I haven't done any testing of the SprutCAM units issues, I was weaned off imperial units a long time ago tongue.gif I understand that there have been issues with the default units, it's probably best to raise this with Tormach as a lot (not all) of these default settings can be changed / set via a machine configuration (*.xml). The tool library and lack of materials library are two area's within SprutCAM that do need improvement, but I think that they have unfortunately slipped down the priority list over the years. I hope that, and I will be lobbying hard for, changes to be made to these area's. It is important that SprutCAM is run with full administrator rights because sometimes Windows itself can lay claim to the *.csv format which is used by the SprutCAM tools library as well as other applications. The lathe ops are very good in V9 as well as in V10. Can you perhaps provide an example of the strange toolpaths produced by V9? Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks - I'll follow up on the units with Tormach. I'm kind of working my way through turn work flow and ops now and creating a list of things to discuss with them.

It's been a couple of years now so it was probably SC8 or maybe even 7 and I probably won't even be able to find the STC file now. As I recall, the problem was on roughing a turn OD to a shoulder down ~ 25% of the work OD and using many passes. At the end of each pass the tool would retract in X *and* -Z. That was no problem for the first pass or two, but after that the retract would gouge the workpiece behind the shoulder on the headstock side. It might well have been user error - I was floundering quite a bit then.

Mike

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th June 2019 - 07:42 PM