Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How to get rid of machined corners?
neeboy
post Dec 4 2013, 02:23 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,566

I have successfully modeled my Kuka robot arm in SC 8 and machined a simple, square pocket using the Roughing waterline....now I want to go back and clean it up with a Finishing waterline, but the program keeps insisting on "rounding off the corners" of the material block. How do I get rid of this? I just want to clean up the pocket, why should the corners of my material block have anything to do with that? I've attached an image of the roughing toolpath (cuts fine) and the finishing toolpath. Thanks in advance for any help!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  roughing_toolpath.JPG ( 71.56K ) Number of downloads: 18
Attached File  get_rid_of_corner_machining.JPG ( 75.43K ) Number of downloads: 17

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neeboy
post Dec 4 2013, 02:53 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

QUOTE (neeboy @ Dec 3 2013, 08:23 PM) *
I have successfully modeled my Kuka robot arm in SC 8 and machined a simple, square pocket using the Roughing waterline....now I want to go back and clean it up with a Finishing waterline, but the program keeps insisting on "rounding off the corners" of the material block. How do I get rid of this? I just want to clean up the pocket, why should the corners of my material block have anything to do with that? I've attached an image of the roughing toolpath (cuts fine) and the finishing toolpath. Thanks in advance for any help!

Well, I'm guessing it's because I didn't have a "restricting model" defined...um, right?

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Dec 4 2013, 07:38 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

It's very difficult to diagnose something like this with only screengrabs to work with. Can you please attach your zipped SprutCAM project (*.stc), thanks.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
neeboy
post Dec 4 2013, 05:16 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Hey Dave:

Thanks for the reply...I decided to print out the User Guide & go through it thoroughly before posting any more questions. I've gotten my robot model to simulate and cut something accurately, so everything else should be gravy from here on out, right? tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2019 - 04:57 AM