Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Working with Tool Libraries
Mike Henry
post May 11 2014, 04:29 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

Is there way to work directly with the Tool Library, outside of SprutCAM?

I work in the Imperial system and would like to change some of the defaults, such as safe distance, spindle speed, feed, rapid speed, etc. It would also be helpful when updating the tool library for tool length as tools are replaced.
Looking at it in a spreadsheet format would be very handy as a quick way to scan for errors - is there a way to do something like that?

I'll also be starting to create a lathe tool library - any tips for that?

Mike
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post May 13 2014, 08:42 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Mike,

I would use the 'Replace' option in the SprutCAM tool library to achieve what you require. This will work for tool lengths - feedrate etc.

You might prefer to create your own template machining operations that would include tool / speeds & feeds / depth of cut / Safe distance etc. by right clicking an operation and selecting 'Save as default parameters'. This enables you to save all of your own defaults into a list of unique operations.

You could edit the tools library by using Excel, although I do not recommend using this method. On my PC the tool libraries are located at: C:\ProgramData\Sprut Technology\SprutCAM\Version 8\Libraries

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Mike Henry
post May 14 2014, 03:23 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ May 13 2014, 08:42 AM) *
Hi Mike,

I would use the 'Replace' option in the SprutCAM tool library to achieve what you require. This will work for tool lengths - feedrate etc.

You might prefer to create your own template machining operations that would include tool / speeds & feeds / depth of cut / Safe distance etc. by right clicking an operation and selecting 'Save as default parameters'. This enables you to save all of your own defaults into a list of unique operations.

You could edit the tools library by using Excel, although I do not recommend using this method. On my PC the tool libraries are located at: C:\ProgramData\Sprut Technology\SprutCAM\Version 8\Libraries

Dave

Thanks Dave. What happens if you use Excel to edit the Library?

I think I'll give the "Save as default parameters" a try, but would really like a way to go through the whole list of tools in the library at one time to tweak parameters or even just to verify that they are correct.

Mike

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post May 17 2014, 03:23 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

I haven't tried it for a long time, but I do recall that you need to retain the overall structure of the tool table otherwise it all goes horribly wrong.

The other alternative is to use the 'Work with tools library' option: click the Machine in machining mode, select 'Parameters' - 'Machines' (tab) - 'Work with tools library'.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Mike Henry
post May 17 2014, 08:18 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ May 17 2014, 03:23 PM) *
I haven't tried it for a long time, but I do recall that you need to retain the overall structure of the tool table otherwise it all goes horribly wrong.

The other alternative is to use the 'Work with tools library' option: click the Machine in machining mode, select 'Parameters' - 'Machines' (tab) - 'Work with tools library'.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Is there a way to sort the column entries by tool number in the table that is displayed when you "Work with tools library"? I can sort by tool number when using Property View but not when using Table View and my tool numbers seem to be in some sort of random order.

Mike

+Quote Post
Val
post Jun 8 2016, 07:15 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,307

I know this is old thread but here is what I figured out

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/sprutcam/309...rary-excel.html

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 08:07 AM