Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2d Contour Path, Arcs changed to Straight Lines
Panuno
post Jun 19 2013, 04:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,463

I know this has come up before in this topic ( http://forums.sprutcam.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=522 ) , and I've tried the solution offered there, but it doesn't work for me.

I'm seeing this issue around half the time I run 2D contour paths with a curve, and even on circular hole profiles, where I often end with with a semi-circular path instead of a round profile.
Tearing my hair out a bit with this - is there something simple & silly that I'm doing wrong??
I'm running Sprutcam 7 Pro, Build 1.6 Rev 46753.

I've attached a screen dump so you can see what I mean - this 1st contour has come out fine with radial paths at both ends, but the next 2 contours have a radial path at one end and a straight line across the other.
I've also attached the zipped .stc file if you need a look at this.

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Peter

Attached File(s)
Attached File  SprutContourPath.jpg ( 61.63K ) Number of downloads: 8
Attached File  Heat_Sink_1st_MEC_0481_0004.zip ( 288.52K ) Number of downloads: 2

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jun 20 2013, 06:33 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Peter, Welcome to the SprutCAM user forum.

I have tested your project in V8 and also V7 and neither show the problem that you are getting. I would suggest that you update your installation and also ensure that you are running SprutCAM with full administrator rights.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Panuno
post Jun 23 2013, 07:57 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Jun 20 2013, 07:33 AM) *
Hi Peter, Welcome to the SprutCAM user forum.

I have tested your project in V8 and also V7 and neither show the problem that you are getting. I would suggest that you update your installation and also ensure that you are running SprutCAM with full administrator rights.

Dave

Many thanks for the welcome and your help Dave.
I do have full admin rights, so that should not be a problem. The update - would that be the 7.1.6.64105 file from the Sprutcam download section?
I just registered on there this morning and found this file, but wanted to check if it was the correct one? Also I should say that I have the Tormach version with the PCNC only post - will this update work Ok with that?
Thanks again.

Peter

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jun 23 2013, 09:35 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Peter,

yes the revision that you mention is the latest one available for download from the main SprutCAM server.
You should be able to update any V7 installation using the main download. When used on it's own for updating your installation your activation (USB or softlock) will not be affected.
If you are unsure of this then please check with Tormach first before updating your system.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Panuno
post Jun 23 2013, 10:42 AM
Post #5

Dave, thanks again, and for helping on a Sunday morning too!

Updated to the latest build, re-opened the project, and the problem has now gone away! Nice curves on every path now with no more straight-line-shortcuts.

Very much appreciated.

Peter

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jun 23 2013, 11:24 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Hi Peter, thanks for the update. I'm pleased that it has solved the problem.

Dave

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Mike M
post Jun 25 2013, 05:06 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 3,439

QUOTE (Panuno @ Jun 19 2013, 12:04 PM) *
....I'm seeing this issue around half the time I run 2D contour paths with a curve, and even on circular hole profiles, where I often end with with a semi-circular path instead of a round profile. ..

after importing solid on the model page select the path (edge) and "Join Curves"
Sometimes I find it easy to also bring in a DXF of the edges...
I have had the same issue and sometimes by saving the file and re-starting Sprutcam also works...
I think it is a graphic related issue (Bug) that can occur on some PC/laptop

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2019 - 06:07 PM