> Pocket Approach Target
bones288
post Jan 12 2015, 06:24 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,509

Hey Dave,

When I predrill a hole into a pocket cavity I'm having some difficulties finding how to have the endmill being to pocket the entire cavity starting in the hole I've created for it. Altering the approach does not seem to work, even if I specify the x, y coordinates in that this only specifies the approach to the beginning of the first tool path but I'm looking to specify the start of this tool path . . . not the approach to it. Does this make any sense?

My tool path project file is a bit large to attach here.

Thanks,
Bones
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jan 12 2015, 08:25 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (bones288 @ Jan 12 2015, 06:24 AM) *
Hey Dave,

When I predrill a hole into a pocket cavity I'm having some difficulties finding how to have the endmill being to pocket the entire cavity starting in the hole I've created for it. Altering the approach does not seem to work, even if I specify the x, y coordinates in that this only specifies the approach to the beginning of the first tool path but I'm looking to specify the start of this tool path . . . not the approach to it. Does this make any sense?

My tool path project file is a bit large to attach here.

Thanks,
Bones

Hi Bones,

There is a previous thread about the pre-drill option for pocketing here: http://forums.sprutcam.com/forums/index.ph...post&p=2404

Hopefully this will help?

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th June 2019 - 06:56 AM