Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Setting default rapid speed
Mike Henry
post May 22 2014, 09:04 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

Is there a way to set the default rapid speed in SprutCAM 8?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
danh818
post May 26 2014, 02:33 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,448

QUOTE (Mike Henry @ May 22 2014, 02:04 PM) *
Is there a way to set the default rapid speed in SprutCAM 8?

Mike, by rapid are you referring to a G00? Because that would be dictated by the machine controller.

+Quote Post
Mike Henry
post May 29 2014, 09:41 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (danh818 @ May 26 2014, 02:33 AM) *
Mike, by rapid are you referring to a G00? Because that would be dictated by the machine controller.

Yes, I meant G00. I realize that the actual value is dictated by the machine and controller, but SC 8 defaults to 394 ipm (another metric/Imperial issue) which is much faster than the 65 ipm rapid feed rate for my Series I Tormach mill. That gives me sometimes significant errors in the estimated run time for my jobs.

I found an entry for Rapid Feed in the configuration for Tormach2012 in Machines | Schema. Each axis there is set to 10,000, presumably in mm/min units, which corresponds to 394 ipm. I've tried changing the values for X/Y/Z axes to 65, but the configuration doesn't seem to be saved from one session to another. I notice that there is no "Save" function for the configuration dialog box and am assuming that changes to the parameters are saved when the dialog box is closed. Is there a better way to save them?

Mike

+Quote Post
danh818
post May 29 2014, 11:36 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,448

QUOTE (Mike Henry @ May 29 2014, 02:41 PM) *
Yes, I meant G00. I realize that the actual value is dictated by the machine and controller, but SC 8 defaults to 394 ipm (another metric/Imperial issue) which is much faster than the 65 ipm rapid feed rate for my Series I Tormach mill. That gives me sometimes significant errors in the estimated run time for my jobs.

I found an entry for Rapid Feed in the configuration for Tormach2012 in Machines | Schema. Each axis there is set to 10,000, presumably in mm/min units, which corresponds to 394 ipm. I've tried changing the values for X/Y/Z axes to 65, but the configuration doesn't seem to be saved from one session to another. I notice that there is no "Save" function for the configuration dialog box and am assuming that changes to the parameters are saved when the dialog box is closed. Is there a better way to save them?

Mike

I'm not entirely sure, but you may have to use the SC machine builder program to make the changes permanent. Maybe Dave can shed some light here. If not I'll bet if you called up Eric he would be able to help. I have found both he and Dave to be quite generous and welths of knowledge.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2019 - 12:20 AM