Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Setting default rapid speeds for a given machine
Mike Henry
post Jul 21 2014, 06:14 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

Is there a way to set the default rapid speeds for a given machine in SprutCAM 8 so that they are already populated when SC8 is started and a new project created?

At present, they default to 10,000 mm/min and I'd like to change them to 90 ipm.

Mike

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jul 28 2014, 05:27 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Mike,

I'm a little confused abiout your question. Are you saying that you are running SprutCAM in metric units (10,000mm/min) and want a 90 ipm feedrate?
It is possible to create a different default rapid rate via the xml file for the particular machine configuration that you are using, but the configurations are always created in metric and SprutCAM changes the units as appropriate for a project.
I think that you would need to add a rapid vale of 2,286mm/min.
I cannot remember the format required for setting this within an xml file so you might want to contact your SprutCAM reseller for pointers on this.

I hope this helps.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Mike Henry
post Aug 10 2014, 05:33 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Jul 28 2014, 05:27 PM) *
Hi Mike, I'm a little confused abiout your question. Are you saying that you are running SprutCAM in metric units (10,000mm/min) and want a 90 ipm feedrate? It is possible to create a different default rapid rate via the xml file for the particular machine configuration that you are using, but the configurations are always created in metric and SprutCAM changes the units as appropriate for a project. I think that you would need to add a rapid vale of 2,286mm/min. I cannot remember the format required for setting this within an xml file so you might want to contact your SprutCAM reseller for pointers on this. I hope this helps. Dave

Hi Dave,

I use Imperial units, which seems to create problems with SC in all of its version from SC 4 onward. I've attached a screen grab of the machine setup the way I currently have it configured. I've got Measurements parameters set to Imperial (in, ft/min, in/min, in/tooth, etc.). Under Schema | Visual Properties, SC 8 defaults to 10,000 for Rapid Feed with no units given and I'm assuming SC 8 sees that as 10,000 mm/min because when I create a machining operation the rapid there defaults to 394 ipm. Below that setting, there are also parameters for Rapid Feed in the Z, Y, and X axes which also default to 10,000. I've tried changing all of those to lower values but they never seem to take and revert back to 10,000 the next time I load SC 8.

Do you think that changing the default rapid in the XML file is the most likely path to success? If so, I can pursue that with my reseller.

Mike

Attached File(s)
Attached File  SC8_Tormach_Machine_Setup___Default_Rapids.JPG ( 128.09K ) Number of downloads: 4

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Aug 11 2014, 05:17 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Mike Henry @ Aug 10 2014, 06:33 PM) *
Do you think that changing the default rapid in the XML file is the most likely path to success?

Yes smile.gif

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Mike Henry
post Aug 13 2014, 06:14 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Aug 11 2014, 05:17 AM) *
Yes smile.gif

Thanks Dave.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th July 2019 - 11:22 PM