Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SC7 is not producing NC code
Bevin
post Sep 7 2010, 11:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,738

I have SC Pro 7.1.0 build 37828 and it has been working ok since installing last month. But today it will not generate NC code for any project. When I select Run in the Generation window, the filename and Run button go dim for about 2 seconds then they return to dark but there is no code in the window. This occurs with projects that had code generated last week. I tried rebooting, opening other files, checking that the postprocessor file is located in the searched folder, but no change... no code was generated.

The postprocessor is for the Tormach PCNC1100 and was working fine last week.

Any thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Sep 7 2010, 03:49 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Have you tried running it using the 'Potsprocessors generator'? Does this work or not?

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Bevin
post Sep 8 2010, 11:44 AM
Post #3

Hi Dave,
No I haven't tried that, because I don't know what it is. When I read your post, I searched for the pp generator and found the User Manual and the program inp.exe. And I recall that you had a tutorial on postprocessor generator, but the topic seems to be one for those who wish to dabble in tuning the NC generators, and I am still at the level of learning SC.

I have a post on the SprutCAM CNCzone forum which explains that Sprut RU have responded and I sent them the log files, so I am waiting on their comments. But I suspect my next step is to uninstall and reinstall.

If you think doing something with a basic .spp file could uncover the cause or at least narrow the search then please let me know. But as I implied, I would need clear instructions.

Thanks Dave,
Bevin

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Sep 8 2010, 01:49 AM) *
Have you tried running it using the 'Potsprocessors generator'? Does this work or not?

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Sep 9 2010, 08:42 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

From SprutCAM select: File - Postprocessors generator.
I'm not sure if you have the 'All posts' version of SprutCAM? If not, I dont think that you will have access to the Postprocessors generator software.......

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Bevin
post Sep 10 2010, 07:29 AM
Post #5

Dave,
I have the Tormach only version.

Re-installing SC has fixed the problem, but it wasn't straightforward, and maybe others will be interested in the process.

Uninstalling (using SC uninstaller) and then reinstalling did not cure the problem. I uninstalled again and noticed that in the last few lines of the Uninstall 'details' one of the deleted files was scheduled to be deleted on rebooting. But being a little frustrated by then, before I rebooted, I changed the name of every Sprut directory (the top nodes) so that the install would be like a new install (although I did not alter the Registry). Then I rebooted and installed. Problem fixed but I don't know the cause.

Of course I could experiment by replacing each directory tree with the with the original but I don't really have the time. I could send all the renamed directories to SC RU but I am sure they wouldn't bother either; my version is not the latest.

Thanks for your responses
Bevin

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Sep 10 2010, 06:42 AM) *
From SprutCAM select: File - Postprocessors generator.
I'm not sure if you have the 'All posts' version of SprutCAM? If not, I dont think that you will have access to the Postprocessors generator software.......

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2019 - 05:50 PM