Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Some menu visualisation bug, Problem to see some of the menu options
gilles
post Mar 11 2008, 08:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,312

Hello,

We have bought SPRUTCAM 2007 and it is installed on a DELL PRECISION 670 Workstation that also supports PorEngineer under Windows XP SP2
We have an openGl Graphic Card (ATI FireGl V3100), and installed the latest Graphic Drivers for this card from the ATI web support.
The SPRUTCAM 2007 Build we are using is 5.36

The problem is the following : When navigating on certain menus, we cannot see the options or the graphics that are displayed on the far right end of the pop-up window.
Example : In lathe Rough Turning, when double clicking to change the options, and on the tool submenu everything is visible and perfect, but on the "avance" parameter in French (wich is tool speed in English I think), we cannot see the complete drawing that is on the right end of the window. In some other sub-windows, we cannot enter parameter because the field is half hidden by the end of the window and there is no way to navigate in it.

To find solutions, we tried it on an other workstation and it works well (but it's not the station it should be installed on, and the graphic card is an n'vidia card), we even also tried to change the langage for English and the bug is the same.
We also remarqued, on this specific menu where it doesn't work the font size is not the same (bigger than on the other menus)

Can anyone help (our reseller tells us to change graphic card for an n'vidia but if we can cure the problem before ...)
Sorry for our poor English

Gilles

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gilles
post Mar 11 2008, 08:47 AM
Post #2

I just see I can Join an image so ... here it is ...
Attached File(s)
Attached File  SprutCamImage.JPG ( 186.61K ) Number of downloads: 13

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Mar 11 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Gilles, welcome to the forum.
I have not come across this type of problem before.
My first suggestion is to:

Open the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\SPRUT Technology\SprutCAM\Version 2007

In the folder you will see several files (see attached image), delete the two files called 'Sprutcam.cfg' and 'Sprutcam.dsk'.

The next time that you run SprutCAM 2007 it will look for these two files, when it does not find them it will create two new versions which will put you back to a default (installation) setting.

Let me know if this helps at all.

Dave
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Files.gif ( 19.41K ) Number of downloads: 5

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
gilles
post Mar 12 2008, 01:05 PM
Post #4

Thank you very much Dave for taking the time to read my message and post an answer.

I have just tested it on the involved computer and it doesn't change anything. We still have the same problem.

I really had the feeling the problem is related to a graphic card or graphic configuration problem. As with the same version (Demo version) and installed on an older DELL PRECISION 650 with a nvidia card, the problem does not occure.

I have tried to change the system resolution (actually 1600 x 1200) for smaller resolution, and it did'nt solve the problem either. Tried to modify Windows Font Parameters for 100% or more or less in the Desk (big size Font 120ppp ...) and nothing changes.

The only "different" thing in this window where the problem appears, is the size font (for example Times 10pts in the working windows, and 12 or 14pts in the erratic window). This constation leads me to thik it could be a little bug in the windows fonts handeling in SPRUTCAM 2007.

Could anyone check in this particular window if the font is different compared to the others menus ?

Thanks anyway for your kind help,

Gilles

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Mar 12 2008, 11:19 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Gilles, this is very strange. It sounds like you have tried quite a few things, so I would agree that it appears to be a problem with the font (size?).
The font size appears to be slightly bigger, but it also appears to be a different font, which seems a bit strange.
I am using an ATI Radeon 9600 graphics card, and this works ok..........although I still prefer my previous Nvidia card............
Attached is a screen grab of the same window on my PC. I notice that the 'Coolant' and 'Set all recommended' options are missing from your window too.

I think that your SprutCAM reseller is should contact the software engineers for some advice before you change the graphics card. Is the grapics driver up to date?

Anyway, please do let us know how you are getting on.

Dave

Attached File(s)
Attached File  feed.gif ( 28.79K ) Number of downloads: 10

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
krisz
post Apr 18 2008, 10:49 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3

That is a very strange error, I have never seen this before. I was going to suggest to change the font size on the desktop but you have already done that. huh.gif

Did you try to change the font size from the appearance menu? See attached picture. Also maybe try and change the appearance to Windows classic style instead of Windows XP style see if that makes a difference.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  1.jpg ( 45.76K ) Number of downloads: 6

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2019 - 09:11 PM