Reply to this topicStart new topic
> strange problems with Dialog 4
breazr
post Feb 8 2007, 03:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 40

Hello,

I'm from the SprutCAM reseller from Romania.

I have a strange problem with a Dialog 4 post-processor. On our computers at the company it works OK, but I have installed it on a customer (on three computers !!!) and it generates only errors.

Of course, the OS was the same (Win XP Pro) and SprutCAM 4.0, build 1.29.

Did anybody enconunter this problem, a pp working well on a computer and completely erroneus on another one ?

Radu
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Feb 8 2007, 04:02 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Radu, check the 'Maximal transition along the axes' value using Postprocessor generator (Machine information).
If the parts that your customers are machining exceed these values you will receive an 'Error interpretation SPP file' when they run the postprocessor.
If this is the cause then simply alter the values in the postprocessor and it should be ok.
If not then send me the postprocessor and I'll take a look for you.

Dave

+Quote Post
breazr
post Feb 8 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 40

Dear Dave,

Thank you for you suggestion, but the problems appeared with the same project (drilling.stc - one of the default projects in SprutCAM).

I will send you both the pp and a screen capture of what happened when running the pp in Invariant Post Generator (hope i'll find your e-mal on Sprut UK web site)

Thanks again !

Eadu

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Feb 8 2007, 10:44 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Radu, this is a strange postprocessor. I am guessing that this is may actually be a Russian version as some of the register names are displaying in strange characters on my PC.
The only thing that I can guess that may be going on, is that your customers PC's don't have the same fonts loaded that you have installed on your PC, and this is causing the problem.

I would suggest contacting Sprut in Russia for some advise with this. You could try renaming the registers & variables with a standard western font, but I think that this would be a long and laborious task.

Dave

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2019 - 06:38 PM