> How to modify Kuka parameters?, need to modify the existing Kuka robot specs
neeboy
post Oct 23 2013, 05:23 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,566

Hello to all:

My organization has a used Kuka KR30/2. I got SprutCAM after hearing about the built-in robot functionality. I'm looking at the program, and my first question is: How do I modify the parameters to match my robot's dimensions? I see in the "Machines" tab that there is a Kuka robot group. It makes sense to me that the X, Y, and Z dimensions can be changed...but how does that relate to changing the values for all six axes? The A, B and C values look to be angular measurements and not linear dimensions.

I have used the Kuka PRC program from Vienna, so I am well-versed in my robot's physical dimensions and adapting them to program requirements, just gotta figure out how to get that info into SprutCAM. Thanks in advance for any helpful replies!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Oct 24 2013, 08:36 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Neeboy, welcome to the SprutCAM forum.

I have to start off by saying that I am by no means an expert with robots, but I am learning as I go with this..........

To achieve correct results when using a robot with SprutCAM, I believe it is important that the correct robot configuration is used within SprutCAM.
I have checked our library of robot configurations and we do not currently have one available for your particular machine (Kuka KR30/2).
If you have a solid model for this machine (*.igs / *.stl / *.stp etc.), please forward it to me (dave AT sprut.co.uk.........replace AT > @) and I'll forward it to the Sprut Robot experts for the creation of a SprutCAM configuration for it.

If you check the SprutCAM Help section, you will find a section labelled: Machining on industrial robots, this has some information regarding setting up the robot configuration up for correct use.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
neeboy
post Oct 25 2013, 04:02 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

I found in the XML file where to change the physical measurements of the robot, so i'm going to give that a try first (assuming I get the program working again, see my other post on the main board...)

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Oct 25 2013, 06:53 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Okay, the offer from the SprutCAM software developers to create a configuration for your specific robot is still open.
If you still prefer to get under the bonnet (hood) of SprutCAM 8 to modify an existing configuration yourself, please ensure that you make a back-up copy of the original robot configuration that you are using.
I tend to make 'incremental' saves as I go when modifying a configuration so that if I get to a certain stage and it's all gone horribly wrong, I don't then have to go right back to the beginning again.

Good luck!

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
neeboy
post Oct 25 2013, 05:25 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Oct 25 2013, 01:53 AM) *
Okay, the offer from the SprutCAM software developers to create a configuration for your specific robot is still open.
If you still prefer to get under the bonnet (hood) of SprutCAM 8 to modify an existing configuration yourself, please ensure that you make a back-up copy of the original robot configuration that you are using.
I tend to make 'incremental' saves as I go when modifying a configuration so that if I get to a certain stage and it's all gone horribly wrong, I don't then have to go right back to the beginning again.

Good luck!

Oh yeah, that's the first thing I plan on doing is backing up that file and then keeping that backup file on a different machine. Thanks!

+Quote Post
LastSamurai
post Oct 31 2013, 11:09 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 3,569

Hey Neeboy,

at the moment i?m trying quite the same as you do with an KUKA Kr150. I was using the KUKA PRC plugin from RIA at my company to control my robots milling operations and i?m trying to change to Sprutcam at the moment!

Did you get your system to weork already ? Are you satisfied with the combination of SprutCam and a KUKA Robot?

LastSamurai

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Nov 3 2013, 05:16 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

I have created this new Robots forum and moved the existing thread here.

Dave

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
neeboy
post Nov 8 2013, 01:41 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Ok...can I take you up on the offer for a custom robot model? Do I need to keep conversing with you or is there someone else I need to contact directly?

***UPDATE**** oops I see in a previous reply, you gave me instructions for that already. Duh. I'll send you the model soon. Thanks!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2019 - 03:39 PM