Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HSM Smoothing is grayed out, HSM Smoothing is grayed out
Bob Gray
post Jan 24 2014, 10:54 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,592

I've read the help file on High Speed Cuts and selected the right settings but I notice that HSM smoothing is always grayed out no matter what I have selected. I would like to make changes to the way the HSC behaves. Any help advice would be great. Thanks
Attached File(s)
Attached File  HSM_Screen_shot.jpg ( 431.15K ) Number of downloads: 26

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jan 27 2014, 03:10 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the SprutCAM user forum.

I have checked with the software engineers regarding the dialogue mentioned, and I am assured that this dialogue is no longer required (hence being greyed out) and will be removed altogether in the very near future.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Ted
post Jun 8 2014, 12:25 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,237

Dave - in a similar vein, does that mean that HSM, and in particular trochoidal moves are no longer available in SC8? I really loved the trochoids and with a lower horsepower machine and advanced tooling, it was a winning solution. I'm at SC8 Master, btw, so has it perhaps moved to a different level of the application? Sad, if so.

Thanks,
Ted.

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jun 8 2014, 12:38 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Ted @ Jun 8 2014, 01:25 PM) *
Dave - in a similar vein, does that mean that HSM, and in particular trochoidal moves are no longer available in SC8? I really loved the trochoids and with a lower horsepower machine and advanced tooling, it was a winning solution. I'm at SC8 Master, btw, so has it perhaps moved to a different level of the application? Sad, if so.

Thanks,
Ted.

No it doesn't. As previously mentioned, the HSM smooothing dialogue should not be there but the 'High speed cuts' aka trochoidal will be there.............this is a standard feature. The 'Adaptive' toolpath is available as an option.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Val
post Aug 9 2014, 11:27 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,307

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Jun 8 2014, 05:38 AM) *
No it doesn't. As previously mentioned, the HSM smooothing dialogue should not be there but the 'High speed cuts' aka trochoidal will be there.............this is a standard feature. The 'Adaptive' toolpath is available as an option.

Dave

I am having similar issue, I have NO HSM and NO HSC, all are grayed out

I just upgraded from SprutCAM USA from 7 to SC8, and I'm liking 8 a lot, but cant wait for 9 to come to the US OEM Tormach site, so I can upgrade to that! but for now using 8, and found that HSC is gone and HSM options are not even there as you can see in the pic

Attached File(s)
Attached File  SC8_NO_HSM.jpg ( 176.42K ) Number of downloads: 16

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Aug 12 2014, 08:57 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Val @ Aug 10 2014, 12:27 AM) *
I am having similar issue, I have NO HSM and NO HSC, all are grayed out

I just upgraded from SprutCAM USA from 7 to SC8, and I'm liking 8 a lot, but cant wait for 9 to come to the US OEM Tormach site, so I can upgrade to that! but for now using 8, and found that HSC is gone and HSM options are not even there as you can see in the pic

I have been advised by the Sprut engineers that you need to update your SprutCAM 8 installation. You can use this file to do this:

http://download.sprutcam.com/download/spru...n-8/SCsetup.exe

This will not affect your current activation (softlock / hardlock).

Dave

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Val
post Aug 12 2014, 06:54 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,307

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Aug 12 2014, 01:57 AM) *
I have been advised by the Sprut engineers that you need to update your SprutCAM 8 installation. You can use this file to do this:

http://download.sprutcam.com/download/spru...n-8/SCsetup.exe

This will not affect your current activation (softlock / hardlock).

Dave

Thank you for the reply, yes I contacted Eric at SprutCAM America, Tormach and they gave me that link, so now I have HSC working. Now the icons for HSM are gone, which I guess is normal?

It was just hard that SC site does not show now the older SC files, only SC9, I was able to later use that main link same as you have posted and instead of stopping at /download like the site does, I went to /sprtucam and was able to see the directory with the other SC versions
Attached File(s)
Attached File  SC8_HSC_working.jpg ( 172.03K ) Number of downloads: 10

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2019 - 02:11 PM