Reply to this topicStart new topic
> tool compensation while doing programming with angle
kishan
post Jul 18 2017, 01:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,098

hello,

sir my name is kishan. i m working with kuka robot with a milling application.but i m having problame with the programs while i make program in making tool in angle position.
in sprutcam and in simulation it works correct but when i actually run it on system it behaves abnormal.

so i need your help in this .

hope for the early reply.

thanks and regards,
kishan.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jul 18 2017, 04:50 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Kishan,

Welcome to the SprutCAM forum.
Without some more details it will be difficult to give you a definitive answer as to the cause of the problem.
The initial things to check would be:
  1. Have you checked each operation using the 'Robot axes map' in SprutCAM and resolved any issues found there?
  2. Have you entered the robot base data (as measured by the actual robot) into SprutCAM?
  3. Have you entered the relevant 'Tool Frame' data from the robot into SprutCAM?
these are all important things to do to ensure that SprutCAM and the robot data matches.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
kishan
post Aug 10 2017, 07:40 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,098

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Jul 18 2017, 08:50 PM) *
Hi Kishan,

Welcome to the SprutCAM forum.
Without some more details it will be difficult to give you a definitive answer as to the cause of the problem.
The initial things to check would be:
  1. Have you checked each operation using the 'Robot axes map' in SprutCAM and resolved any issues found there?
  2. Have you entered the robot base data (as measured by the actual robot) into SprutCAM?
  3. Have you entered the relevant 'Tool Frame' data from the robot into SprutCAM?
these are all important things to do to ensure that SprutCAM and the robot data matches.

Dave

1> i have checked all the operations using "robot axis map" its not resolved.
2>i have entered the robot base data measured by the robot in to the .XML file of sprutcam.
3>about tool frame data i tried to enter it but i am not sure where i entered the data was correct
position so will you guide me where to enter that data.

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Aug 11 2017, 09:52 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Hi Kishan,

The tool frame data from your robot should be entered using the 'Machine setup' dialogue for your robot in SprutCAM Machining mode:

Once confirmed as correct this can be written into the xml file for your robot.

I hope this helps?

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Aug 29 2017, 09:24 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Hi Kishan,

You must set the Tool frame / Tool TCP for the spindle in SprutCAM using the measured data from the robot itself as per my previous post.

The tool lengths are then manually measured and entered using the 'Overhang' setting in each SprutCAM operation. Please see this pdf document produced by SprutCAM which explains this: http://www.download.sprut.co.uk/secure_dow...utCAM_Robot.pdf

I hope this helps?

Dave

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 04:14 AM