Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where is the setting for final retraction speed?, robot arm retraction speed
neeboy
post Aug 29 2014, 07:47 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,566

I am getting ready to mill a statue for the first time with SC8 and a Kuka robot arm. One thing still greatly concerns me, and that is the final retraction speed that the arm uses to return home once the milling operation is completed, it is VERY fast; my arm is old and I don't want it running that fast. I've attached a screenshot from SC8 that shows where to make some speed adjustments...but I am personally very convinced that the answer is not in this menu. The only other place I can think of is in the Kuka post-processor. Thanks in advance for any replies!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  final_retraction_feed_speed_is_not_here.png ( 112.62K ) Number of downloads: 6

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Aug 30 2014, 08:31 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

I am no expert with robots in SprutCAM, but I have done a quick check and I am pretty sure that you are very close with using that particular dialogue.
The move that you are referring to would be a 'rapid' move within SprutCAM. On a CNC machine tool the speed of this move (G0) would usually be controlled by the CNC control itself.
If you scroll up in that feedrate dropdown list you will see that there is a 'Rapid feed' option. This is normally used by SprutCAM for calculating an accurate 'Machining time', but, for robots it appears that this value is used to create the rapid movement speed.
So, I would suggest that you try altering the 'Rapid feed' value to see if this solves the problem?

Dave

Attached File(s)
Attached File  30_08_2014_09_37_02.jpg ( 92.02K ) Number of downloads: 7

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2019 - 08:27 PM