> video requests?
djb
post Apr 1 2009, 12:11 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 51

Dave,

would it be possible to get some videos show the features Live posted in the last couple weeks? Im trying to understand what the Sew feature brings to the party... and the other ones as well. Im a visual person, so your videos on your support site have been a great help.

David

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Apr 3 2009, 11:49 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (djb @ Apr 1 2009, 01:11 AM) *
Dave,

would it be possible to get some videos show the features Live posted in the last couple weeks? Im trying to understand what the Sew feature brings to the party... and the other ones as well. Im a visual person, so your videos on your support site have been a great help.

David

Hi David,

Thank you for your request and your kind words, it's nice to know that the video's are useful.
I have just added a new video today about reusing machining operations, which I hope people will find useful. I am planning to add more tutorials next week, and I will look at adding some on those topics you suggest.
If anyone has any suggestions for new video's, please feel free to send me a Personal Message (PM) from my support site and I'll either create a tutorial or contact you directly, whichever is most appropriate.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Mike Henry
post Apr 5 2009, 03:39 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Apr 3 2009, 11:49 AM) *
If anyone has any suggestions for new video's, please feel free to send me a Personal Message (PM) from my support site and I'll either create a tutorial or contact you directly, whichever is most appropriate.

I'd just like to add a 2nd request for tutorials on the topics David suggested, especially one for "Sew".

+Quote Post
djb
post Apr 7 2009, 03:35 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

I would LOVE to see some more videos talking about 4th axis... especiallty those that would work using a 3D model. Ive watch the one you have with the 2D drawing making the pocket but would like to know if its possible to do that just using a 3D IGES file. Also, ways you can use 5D machining with a 4th axis.

David

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Apr 9 2009, 10:32 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

I've just added a long tutorial covering more live 4th axis machining which includes some use of the Sew function........I hope these help.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Mike Henry
post Apr 12 2009, 03:29 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Apr 9 2009, 10:32 AM) *
I've just added a long tutorial covering more live 4th axis machining which includes some use of the Sew function........I hope these help.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I just watched the above video and enjoyed it immensely. My system kept hanging up part way through, apparently because something on my PC was using up memory like crazy. At one point the commit charge, as reported by Task Manager, was something 1600M/2462M. As soon as I shut down the video window, the commit charge dropped back down to a more reasonable 800M/2462M.

Do you know if there is anything about the video capture softeware you use that could be causing that problem?

Mike

+Quote Post
djb
post Apr 13 2009, 01:58 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Mike Henry @ Apr 12 2009, 03:29 PM) *
Hi Dave,

I just watched the above video and enjoyed it immensely. My system kept hanging up part way through, apparently because something on my PC was using up memory like crazy. At one point the commit charge, as reported by Task Manager, was something 1600M/2462M. As soon as I shut down the video window, the commit charge dropped back down to a more reasonable 800M/2462M.

Do you know if there is anything about the video capture softeware you use that could be causing that problem?

Mike

Mike, Mine crashed as well almost all the way through the video. In my case, the problem with with the Adobe Flash/Director player. I upgraded to the most recent player on the adobe web site and it worked perfectly next time through. Hopefully it will work for you as well. My flash player was version 9.5 and they are up to version 11.x.

David

--------------------

+Quote Post
djb
post Apr 19 2009, 02:28 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Dave, Is it possible to program Lathe operations using the Tormach Mill spindle and mounting the tools in the vise?

I believe you would use your Z axis like you would Y in a normal Lathe opp? Can this be done in Sprut?

David

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Apr 22 2009, 05:09 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (djb @ Apr 19 2009, 03:28 AM) *
Dave, Is it possible to program Lathe operations using the Tormach Mill spindle and mounting the tools in the vise?

I believe you would use your Z axis like you would Y in a normal Lathe opp? Can this be done in Sprut?

David

Hi David, sorry I had missed this posting previously. That is an interesting idea and it's not something which I have ever tried, so I cannot say for sure that it would work.
I guess that if you use the Lathe ZX machine configuration and a suitable postprocessor then it should work.........just program it as a lathe operation.
You would have to make sure that the Y axis didn't move once you have found the centerline.

If you decide to give it a try let us know how you get on with it.........some pics / video would be good wink.gif

Dave

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
djb
post Apr 29 2009, 08:37 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Apr 22 2009, 05:09 AM) *
Hi David, sorry I had missed this posting previously. That is an interesting idea and it's not something which I have ever tried, so I cannot say for sure that it would work.
I guess that if you use the Lathe ZX machine configuration and a suitable postprocessor then it should work.........just program it as a lathe operation.
You would have to make sure that the Y axis didn't move once you have found the centerline.

If you decide to give it a try let us know how you get on with it.........some pics / video would be good wink.gif

Dave

Dave thanks for the reply... I tried that, and it appears like the tool is approaching the workpiece from the wrong angle or axis. Would it help if I posted a picture?

David

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2019 - 07:11 AM