anafranil online
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Access Violations Caused by Graphics Issues?
dkaustin
post Apr 4 2017, 01:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,310

Just migrated to an HP Z820 workstation with an Nvidia Quadro K2200 GPU, and Sprut8 will not run at all. Constantly throws Access Violations from SCKernel.dll and occasional random error messages. I suspect the GPU is the problem, since moving the mouse pointer anywhere outside the model display window generates an Access Violation. I've given every part of Sprut every permission I can, I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, always as administrator and once in safe mode with no success. Also downloaded a trial version of Sprut10 and got a trial license from Jacob at Tormach, but it misbehaves in the same manner. All drivers are up to date.

As an experiment, I created a VirtualBox VM and installed SprutCAM8 on it, and I was able to get Sprut to run. I believe that VirtualBox VM's do all their graphic processing internally and do not use the system GPU. To me, this is another indicator that all the Access Violations I am seeing are being caused by graphics issues. I fiddled with the settings in both SprutCAM and the Nvidia control panel, but haven't solved the problem.

I would very much appreciate input from others about what might be done to solve the problem.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Apr 4 2017, 04:11 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Not sure. It does sound like a graphics card issue. I assume that you have made sure that the graphics drivers are up to date?
If you can get SprutCAM 8 to run, I would suggest that you deselect 'Use fast painting mode' in System setup to see if this solves it? If not, then select the 'Use simple OpenGL objects only' option.

I hope this helps?

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
dkaustin
post Apr 4 2017, 05:17 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Apr 4 2017, 11:11 AM) *
Not sure. It does sound like a graphics card issue. I assume that you have made sure that the graphics drivers are up to date?
If you can get SprutCAM 8 to run, I would suggest that you deselect 'Use fast painting mode' in System setup to see if this solves it? If not, then select the 'Use simple OpenGL objects only' option.

I hope this helps?

Dave

Yes, drivers are up to date, fast painting mode is deslected, and simple OpenGL objects only is checked. One older project will run when the Simulation Mode is "Solid", crashes when the Mode is "Voxel 3D" or "Voxel 5D". Sometimes these are soft crashes where the program just stops responding and some screen features are missing and I can exit the program normally. Sometimes the only way to exit the program is to resort to Task Manager.

I'm starting to think that the real solution to this problem is Fusion360 wink.gif

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Apr 5 2017, 08:14 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dkaustin @ Apr 4 2017, 06:17 PM) *
Yes, drivers are up to date, fast painting mode is deslected, and simple OpenGL objects only is checked. One older project will run when the Simulation Mode is "Solid", crashes when the Mode is "Voxel 3D" or "Voxel 5D". Sometimes these are soft crashes where the program just stops responding and some screen features are missing and I can exit the program normally. Sometimes the only way to exit the program is to resort to Task Manager.

I'm starting to think that the real solution to this problem is Fusion360 wink.gif

Good luck with that one rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
dkaustin
post Apr 5 2017, 11:16 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Apr 5 2017, 03:14 PM) *
Good luck with that one rolleyes.gif

Well I'm not being overwhelmed with alternatives, am I?

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Apr 6 2017, 09:28 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dkaustin @ Apr 6 2017, 12:16 AM) *
Well I'm not being overwhelmed with alternatives, am I?

I have no idea, I tried assisting you and you respond with a veiled threat!

Have you perhaps tried another mouse + driver?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusi...hould-I-do.html

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 08:09 AM