anafranil online
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Turn material feature not working?, as expected for mill ops?
Val
post Feb 15 2016, 07:12 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,307

I have a question, it seems that using a dxf to "turn" your part instead of say square or extrude does not work at all?

the stock material seems to appear proper but when you run the operation or do the simulation it is completely turned 90 deg

I believe this has not worked since I remeber but I think there is no reason for it to not function

because I want to take a part from lathe, and then do a mill op, but I wish to turn the sketch from the lathe finished part, then do the mill op as in the example cut a slot a cross (made up example)

I included all the files, from the GM to iges (which SC10 broke the import on) to step (works) to dxf
Attached File(s)
Attached File  EXAMPLE_TURN_MAt.stc ( 194.39K ) Number of downloads: 2
Attached File  example_turn_mat.zip ( 133.24K ) Number of downloads: 0
Attached File  turn_mat.jpg ( 120.8K ) Number of downloads: 4

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Val
post Feb 19 2016, 05:44 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

anyone tried this? added pic

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Feb 22 2016, 10:42 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Yes I have tried it. It doesn't have anything to do with dxf, it happens with standard curves and faces too. This needs to be reported to your SprutCAM reseller.

In the attached modified version of your project I have projected the top faces of the inner ring to create two curves which I have then extruded to create your workpiece correctly.

I hope this helps?

Dave
Attached File(s)
Attached File  EXAMPLE_TURN_MAt_dp.stc ( 199.75K ) Number of downloads: 1

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Val
post Feb 24 2016, 05:03 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Feb 22 2016, 03:42 AM) *
Yes I have tried it. It doesn't have anything to do with dxf, it happens with standard curves and faces too. This needs to be reported to your SprutCAM reseller.

In the attached modified version of your project I have projected the top faces of the inner ring to create two curves which I have then extruded to create your workpiece correctly.

I hope this helps?

Dave

Thank you, yes they are aware of it now.

I did the dummy machining ops before, but now im simply importing a model that is without the desired operations as the workpiece, I had tried in past to do that but did not now that I had to select all the faces for it to work. This works nicely for now, if I have the original model in my native CAD system and can easily manipulate it to the state that I desire. If not then the turn/extrude are the best options (when turn gets fixed)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th June 2019 - 05:05 PM