Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FromX FromY
mayhugh1
post Jul 21 2008, 06:58 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 49

I'm a bit (well actually alot) confused about From and Home points in the Lathe operations. The machine definitions seems to give the ability to define coordinates for each and to enable them. The 'lead out/lead in' tab in the machining operations also seem to give the ability to set a point for each of them. Are these the same points? Must they be enabled in the machine definition in order to use them or is the 'lead out/lead in' tab or is this tab just an alternative way of defining them? I've tried lots of combination but can't seem to come up with a rule about how they work. How does one get the CLData FromX and FromY predefined variables set? I have only been able to trigger a GOHOME in the CLData in all the combinations I've tried. The postprocessor manual seems to say I should be set the FromX and FromY predefined variables so I can use them in a post but I can't figure out what in the machine definition or then machining operation I need to do in order to initialize them - Thanks - Terry

--------------------
Terry
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jul 21 2008, 10:24 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Terry, I haven't looked into these particular features........do you need them or are you just curious? If you are just curious, there seems to be quite a good explanation in the help files under the heading of 'Reference points', hopefully this will help.
Most of the lathe stuff that I have done hasn't required these features (yet).

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
mayhugh1
post Jul 23 2008, 09:59 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 49

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Jul 21 2008, 10:24 PM) *
Terry, I haven't looked into these particular features........do you need them or are you just curious? If you are just curious, there seems to be quite a good explanation in the help files under the heading of 'Reference points', hopefully this will help.
Most of the lathe stuff that I have done hasn't required these features (yet).

Dave

Its not just curiosity. I'm applying on the finishing touches to a post that I wrote and I am trying to test the From and GoHome functions. I'm certain I was able to generate From and Home points in the previous build but I can't seem to anymore. I realize that in most cases they aren't required but for completeness of the post I've been trying to test them. Whenever I use the XY lathe and enable them in the machine description and a roughing operation, Sprut refuses to generate a toolpath. The CLData header and tail show the From and GoHome but no toolpath code is generated. Maybe another imperial units thing or Sprut disabled them for this build?- Terry

--------------------
Terry

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2019 - 07:08 PM