anafranil online
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> If anyone has edge/line selection issue in SC10 (AMD FirePro video cards), UNCHECK "STITCH FACES TOGETHER" in Visualization tab
Val
post Jan 6 2016, 08:07 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,307

long story short, upgraded to SC10, had a number of bugs, but help with Tormach Dealer team, worked out most, but one was bugging me and I accidently discovered the solution on my desktop and did not know it was the solution, and thought other stuff I did solved it. Only when I went to my laptop and installed SC10 did I find that what things I thought I did did not solve it! spent almost 2 days with reinstalling drivers, SC10, removing programs, different combo of 3d video driver settings! with no solution.

Finally I tried rendering mode in software (slow) restarted SC10, bam! edge selection worked!

so reported all trial and issues to Tormach, then one of the tech guys went and gave things a try.

We found out that "stitch faces together" was causing the issue! be it on import or existing model, or older SC9 files!

having this unchecked solved my issue!

Both my desktop and laptop have AMD FirePro cards (desktop W5000, laptop M3900), both have to have it unchecked!
Also im running windows 10 pro 64bit on both.

Just wanted to share this with others.

This checkbox is on by default. It has been reported that other systems work fine with it check on by default, so only uncheck it if your having this problem!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  stitch_faces_together.jpg ( 96.95K ) Number of downloads: 13

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jan 8 2016, 07:32 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Val,

thank you for the 'heads-up' on this issue. I haven't had any others reports of this yet, but it's handy to know the solution if / when it occurs smile.gif

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Val
post Feb 15 2016, 07:24 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

seems to have been fixed

but iges and my Geomagic design import is broken, I use the step file and it works, its a hit or miss when it used to be 100% working in past

I know GM did not update but SC10 did, and it worked fine before whatever update on SC

see my example in other thread with the turn material issue

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Feb 18 2016, 09:28 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Val @ Feb 15 2016, 07:24 PM) *
seems to have been fixed

but iges and my Geomagic design import is broken, I use the step file and it works, its a hit or miss when it used to be 100% working in past

I know GM did not update but SC10 did, and it worked fine before whatever update on SC

see my example in other thread with the turn material issue

Sorry, but I missed your question. The forum software doesn't seem to be sending e-mails at the moment, I've asked for this to be looked into.

I'm not sure what could have happened to your Geomagic addin for V10. I think that it is still referred to as 'Alibre' within SprutCAM itself, but I'm sure you already know that smile.gif . There are two different versions of the Alibre addin available, so it might be worth checking to make sure that you are using the correct one for your particular operating system (32 / 64 bit). I don't have GM or Alibre, so I have not tested this for myself.
If I get a chance, I will try and speak with the SprutCAM Addin expert to see if he is aware of any issues with the Geomagic addin when linking to SprutCAM 10.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Mike Henry
post Feb 19 2016, 12:15 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Feb 18 2016, 09:28 PM) *
Sorry, but I missed your question. The forum software doesn't seem to be sending e-mails at the moment, I've asked for this to be looked into. I'm not sure what could have happened to your Geomagic addin for V10. I think that it is still referred to as 'Alibre' within SprutCAM itself, but I'm sure you already know that smile.gif . There are two different versions of the Alibre addin available, so it might be worth checking to make sure that you are using the correct one for your particular operating system (32 / 64 bit). I don't have GM or Alibre, so I have not tested this for myself. If I get a chance, I will try and speak with the SprutCAM Addin expert to see if he is aware of any issues with the Geomagic addin when linking to SprutCAM 10. Dave

GMD has a habit of dropping support for 3rd party programs so maybe they are no longer cooperating with Sprut. That may be especially true since 3DS (GeoMagic's parent company) bought GibbsCAM.

Mike

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Feb 19 2016, 01:06 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

I have spoken to the addin expert at SprutCAM today. He has received the information required from Geomagic regarding creating a new addin, but he hasn't had the time to do anything with it just yet.

If the addin is failing, then the best bet for the time being is to do a manual export from Geomagic and then import into SprutCAM 10. The new associativity feature in SprutCAM 10 now works with 'imported' models which is very useful.

Dave

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Val
post Feb 19 2016, 04:27 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Feb 19 2016, 06:06 AM) *
I have spoken to the addin expert at SprutCAM today. He has received the information required from Geomagic regarding creating a new addin, but he hasn't had the time to do anything with it just yet.

If the addin is failing, then the best bet for the time being is to do a manual export from Geomagic and then import into SprutCAM 10. The new associativity feature in SprutCAM 10 now works with 'imported' models which is very useful.

Dave

well what i meant is that it worked just fine in SC10, with GMD then after SC10 update something went wrong (I am not aware of GMD updating, if it did I would see it and know about it) I know I have updated SC few times for sure, when it found new updates

even older SC9, had always worked on the import regardless how new GMD was, sometimes it took some reinstalling or different order of install to get the addin to work but once the plugin was there it worked perfectly

now, it imports but the faces/surfaces (some) get misaligned for some strange reason, this also problem when importing iges, so something is messed up? if I go to step file and import it, it works fine

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2019 - 01:14 AM