anafranil online
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why is 4th axis on robot rotating to 180 degrees before milling?
neeboy
post Dec 20 2013, 03:24 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,566

I almost have this robot-milling-thing down! One thing that is bugging me: When trying to mill simple, flat pockets, The 4th axis on my robot is rotating 180 degrees, seemingly unnecessarily. I went thought the simple pocketing tutorial that came with SprutCAM, and it didn't rotate that axis at all. I am using a custom robot model, but I also tried it with the default Kuka robot, and it did the exact same thing.

I'm attaching the file here; The robot is meant to machine out the areas on the workpiece, but before it gets there, axis 4 is rotated from zero degrees to 180 degrees, and I'd really like to know why. Thanks in advance!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Main_to_Subs.stc ( 482.5K ) Number of downloads: 3

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Dec 20 2013, 01:02 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

It is not possible to view your project correctly because the Robot configuration is absent. If you can provide the robot configuration that you are using, then we can examine it for the cause of the problem.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
neeboy
post Dec 20 2013, 03:11 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,566

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Dec 20 2013, 07:02 AM) *
It is not possible to view your project correctly because the Robot configuration is absent. If you can provide the robot configuration that you are using, then we can examine it for the cause of the problem.

Dave

OK I'll send that to you later today. Thanks Dave!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2019 - 05:16 AM