Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need B axis Reversed
ka67_72
post Jan 28 2015, 06:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,531

How can I configure Sprutcam or the postprocessor to rotate my B axis in the opposite direction? Positive is currently counterclockwise in Sprutcam but is clockwise in my machine.

Thanks,
Kevin
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jan 28 2015, 08:48 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Kevin,

I'm assuming that you are using one of the standard machine configurations, the easiest way to achieve this is to change the machine configuration that you are using to the opposite option.
For example if you are using 4-axis milling machine (A) change this to 4-axis milling machine (-A)
You will need to recalculate the cutterpaths before postprocessing the g-code.

I hope this helps?

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
ka67_72
post Jan 29 2015, 03:11 AM
Post #3

Dave,
It's my own. I used the demo of machine maker. I've been using 3+2 and editing the code by hand. I want to play with some simultaneous stuff. Do I need to edit the xml?

Thanks,
Kevin

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jan 29 2015, 06:03 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Hi Kevin,

Yes you will need to edit your machines xml file.
You will need to scale the required axis by -1 (or 1 if it is already reversed).

Here is an example of a reversed C axis direction found in the 'Schema' section:

<ImageFile DefaultValue="Caxis.osd"/>
<AxisType DefaultValue="Rotary"/>
<Scale DefaultValue="-1"/>
<ParameterName DefaultValue="AxisCPos"/>

I hope this helps?

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
ka67_72
post Mar 9 2015, 10:46 PM
Post #5

I finally got back to this last night. It changed the rotation but also rotated my origin 180 degrees about Y and moved it down 25 mm. It also moved some other things around. Reference attached screen captures. 5d is the scaled one. Is there a document that explains the details of the xml files?

Thanks,
Kevin

After some more experimenting, it seems to do this to every copy I add no matter what I do to the xml file. Even if I don't edit it.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  600vf_5d.jpg ( 176.08K ) Number of downloads: 6
Attached File  600vf.jpg ( 186.43K ) Number of downloads: 5

+Quote Post
ka67_72
post Mar 10 2015, 01:23 AM
Post #6

Dave,
I got it working after finding the machine file it was actually using. Anytime I tried to use a modified copy it screwed up. I finally got the nerve to modify the existing one and it works as you described. For a while everything was screwed up and my parts from all my previous work were floating about 3' off the table. I thought all was lost. Hopefully 5d will reduce hand finishing times. Pic is of a 3+2 machined part.

Thanks,
Kevin
Attached File(s)
Attached File  TB1_SN2.jpg ( 45.38K ) Number of downloads: 25

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Mar 11 2015, 08:57 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (ka67_72 @ Mar 10 2015, 01:23 AM) *
Dave,
I got it working after finding the machine file it was actually using. Anytime I tried to use a modified copy it screwed up. I finally got the nerve to modify the existing one and it works as you described. For a while everything was screwed up and my parts from all my previous work were floating about 3' off the table. I thought all was lost. Hopefully 5d will reduce hand finishing times. Pic is of a 3+2 machined part.

Thanks,
Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the update. The way machine configurations work in SprutCAM can be a bit 'cluncky'. There's no doubt that they work and they work very well, but getting them setup or adjusted can seem to be a 'black art' at times especially for the end user.
The lead programmer at Sprut has indicated to me that he would like to use a different approach for this feature in the future.............let's hope that this future is not too far off wink.gif
Thanks for the picture of the finished part, that looks very cool! Do you have any more images of it that you would like to share?

Dave

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
ka67_72
post Mar 27 2015, 01:24 AM
Post #8

Dave,
Pics can be seen here: http://www.carterperformance.com/store/p1/...ottle_Body.html
Thanks,
Kevin

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Mar 11 2015, 03:57 AM) *
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the update. The way machine configurations work in SprutCAM can be a bit 'cluncky'. There's no doubt that they work and they work very well, but getting them setup or adjusted can seem to be a 'black art' at times especially for the end user.
The lead programmer at Sprut has indicated to me that he would like to use a different approach for this feature in the future.............let's hope that this future is not too far off wink.gif
Thanks for the picture of the finished part, that looks very cool! Do you have any more images of it that you would like to share?

Dave

+Quote Post
ka67_72
post Apr 7 2015, 12:46 AM
Post #9

Better pics can be seen here: http://www.carterperformance.com/photo-gallery.html

Kevin

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2019 - 09:47 AM