Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Newbie: Iterative design possible?
Arlen Raasch
post Mar 26 2012, 03:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,381

I am using Alibre Design for CAD, SprutCAM 7 for CAM.

I export a IGS file from Alibre and import it into SprutCAM, and do a trial machining run.

I then want to make minor changes in Alibre to the design, and have SprutCAM reload the IGS file.

Is there any way to do this without having to re-do all the machining operations in SprutCAM?

My desire to do this is not just labor savings, but to minimize possible errors since humans entering things more than once is just asking for more mistakes to be made.

Thanks,

-Arlen
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Mar 27 2012, 11:17 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Arlen, and welcome to the SprutCAM forum.

Yes you can do what you need to do. If you are using the Alibre addon, assuming it works the same way as other addons, you can complete the design in CAD, select the SprutCAM shortcut / icon which should open SprutCAM with the design model loaded. If you then go back to the CAD and make a design change, you can select the SprutCAM shortcut / icon again and this will update the model in the SprutCAM project.
Please note that you might have to reselect faces etc. for the Job Assignment.

If you aren't using the Alibre (CAD) addon, then you can manually delete the existing model in the SprutCAM project, then simply import the latest version of the model into the existing project.

I hope this helps.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th July 2019 - 04:01 AM