Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SC7 "rotary machining" problem.
little flyer
post May 16 2012, 08:57 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,400

Hi, guys,
I have just used SC 7 for a few days, it came with the Tormach PCNC 1100 I bought.
I found I cant use the "rotary machining" process to finish a part provided in the tutorial documents.
Here I attach three pictures, the first one is the model provided in the tutorial documents which come with the SC 7, its name is "rotate".
The second one and third one is the machining result after creating and running a "rotary machining" in the "finishing" menu of Tormach model.
The problem is that the process does not finish the part properly, you can see in the picture that some remaining stock are left.
I think this should be a easy problem and "rotary machining" should be able to finish this part in one process. Or am I wrong? Anyone has anyone idea? I greatly appreciate your help!
Thanks,
Chennan
Attached File(s)
Attached File  rotate_part.jpg ( 48.25K ) Number of downloads: 27
Attached File  rotary_machining_finishing_failed.jpg ( 124.34K ) Number of downloads: 35
Attached File  ___.jpg ( 157.16K ) Number of downloads: 27

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post May 17 2012, 09:17 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

The rotary machining operation is not designed to finish this type of part. You will get a rough approximation - but that is all.
If I were to do this part I would probably use the 5D Contouring operation, probably using the edge curves as 'Project curves'. I would also use 'Check Part' and 'Check workpiece' to allow rough machining of the workpiece (if required).

I hope this helps.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
little flyer
post May 18 2012, 01:44 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,400

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ May 17 2012, 01:17 PM) *
The rotary machining operation is not designed to finish this type of part. You will get a rough approximation - but that is all.
If I were to do this part I would probably use the 5D Contouring operation, probably using the edge curves as 'Project curves'. I would also use 'Check Part' and 'Check workpiece' to allow rough machining of the workpiece (if required).

I hope this helps.

Dave

Hi, Dave. Thanks for your reply! Can I do 5D contouring on a machine only with 4 axis? X,Y,Z and A.

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post May 18 2012, 09:26 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (little flyer @ May 18 2012, 02:44 AM) *
Hi, Dave. Thanks for your reply! Can I do 5D contouring on a machine only with 4 axis? X,Y,Z and A.

Yes you can.

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2019 - 08:48 AM