Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tool Colors
C*H*U*D
post Feb 29 2012, 12:19 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,296

I came across this tonight, and didn't know exactly what caused it. I am using the same tool number for all of these operations. For some reason SprutCAM made the second operation blue, and then turned it all back to green for the rest. I don't know why this happened or even what it means. When the same tool goes to a different color, does Sprut call out a tool change? (I have not run this yet so I don't know for sure). I have had other jobs that used the same tool and it would call out a tool change for different operations. I'd like to avoid that if possible, but I don't know what causes it.

--------------------
No idea what I'm doing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
C*H*U*D
post Feb 29 2012, 01:22 AM
Post #2

So I just ran it and no tool changes. Still not sure why one operation was blue and the rest green. Not a big deal, just wanted to know a bit more about SprutCAM.

--------------------
No idea what I'm doing

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Feb 29 2012, 06:04 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

The colours are there for your information only and have no effect on calculations etc.
You can simply double click the coloured button shown to the right of an operation and this will open the colour panel and you can change the colour. You can also do this from the 'Tool' page of an operation.
The colours can be used to identify the area's machined by a particular tool / operation when simulating.
A toolchange is only created when the tool number or other tool parameter is changed between operations.

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
C*H*U*D
post Mar 2 2012, 04:09 PM
Post #4

Thanks Dave. I knew about changing the colors myself, just wasn't sure how SprutCAM went about assigning colors. I just thought it was odd that it made everyone one of them green except for #2. Not a big deal though, just trying to understand as much as possible.

--------------------
No idea what I'm doing

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Mar 2 2012, 04:29 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

As far as I am aware, if you are using copy and paste to create a new operation, then you will end up with the same tool colours.
You can set / change the default colours used: System Setup - Colours - Machining - Toolpath.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th June 2019 - 01:22 AM