anafranil online
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Improvement to the way projected tool paths are handled, Improvement to the way projected tool paths are handled
Bob Gray
post May 7 2015, 02:53 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,592

I wish to run a chamfer around the hole in the attached file. When I do this I notice that the code produced is a bunch of choppy short lines rather then nice smooth arc's. I would like the code to generate nice smooth arcs. Thanks
Attached File(s)
Attached File  70.064_Rev_E01_KF25_tube_dp.stc ( 230.59K ) Number of downloads: 3

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post May 8 2015, 12:33 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Bob Gray @ May 7 2015, 03:53 PM) *
I wish to run a chamfer around the hole in the attached file. When I do this I notice that the code produced is a bunch of choppy short lines rather then nice smooth arc's. I would like the code to generate nice smooth arcs. Thanks

Hi Bob,

I have discussed this with an engineer at Sprut. He says that while it is theoretically possible for them to output HELIC moves for that type of machining, all that would happen is that you would end up with lots of HELIC moves instead.
This is because the arcs do not lie in the same plane and so the output of the arcs (HELIC) would be controlled by the 'Tolerance' setting for the operation. If you reduced the tolerance to obtain larger arcs, you would likely end up with a 'faceted' arc finish instead.
What you might want to try first is; alter the 'Tolerance' setting (see attachment) for the 2D Contouring2 operation in question, and see if this helps? A smaller value will create smaller (smoother) moves in the resulting linearised toolpath.

Does this help?

Dave

Attached File(s)
Attached File  2015_05_08_13_15_13.png ( 28.42K ) Number of downloads: 13

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th June 2019 - 07:01 AM