anafranil online
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Updated to SC9 now get errors with old post. Can not do canned cycles any more
Bob Gray
post Dec 28 2015, 11:31 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,592

HI, just upgraded from SC8 to SC9. The post I had for the Haas which had worked fine now in SC9 will not properly output canned cycles such as drilling and tapping. See attached screen shot for error message.

Error interpreting SSP file.
[ERROR] OUT_TOOL_IST (13:0) CLDFILE operator error:
incorrect parameters

I've attached the post processor.

Thanks

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Error_with_postprocessor.jpg ( 365.46K ) Number of downloads: 2
Attached File  HAAS_4thaxis_4decimal.spp ( 20.94K ) Number of downloads: 3

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bob Gray
post Dec 28 2015, 11:36 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bob Gray @ Dec 28 2015, 02:31 PM) *
HI, just upgraded from SC8 to SC9. The post I had for the Haas which had worked fine now in SC9 will not properly output canned cycles such as drilling and tapping. See attached screen shot for error message.

Error interpreting SSP file.
[ERROR] OUT_TOOL_IST (13:0) CLDFILE operator error:
incorrect parameters

I've attached the post processor.

Thanks

Opps uploaded the old Post file. Look at the one with modified in the name.

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Dec 29 2015, 08:02 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Bob,

I suspect that you need to change the drilling 'cycle format' in SprutCAM. Older SprutCAM postprocessors could still be using the CYCLE format instead of the later EXTCYCLE format. If you check the SprutCAM help files under 'Hole machining operation' you will see an explanation of this.
I have attached a screengrab of this.
I suspect that you need to set the default method under 'System setup' which will default to 'EXTCYCLE'.

Dave
Attached File(s)
Attached File  2015_12_29_07_47_33.png ( 68.47K ) Number of downloads: 11

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Bob Gray
post Dec 30 2015, 06:18 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

I tried that fix and another that I read about on CNCzone. The fix you suggested did nothing to fix the error. The post that they suggested on CNCzone fixed the error but I still do not get the canned cycle inserted into code. See attached screen shot.

I just need a working post for a Haas VF2, Mini Mill

Thanks

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Dec 28 2015, 11:02 PM) *
Hi Bob,

I suspect that you need to change the drilling 'cycle format' in SprutCAM. Older SprutCAM postprocessors could still be using the CYCLE format instead of the later EXTCYCLE format. If you check the SprutCAM help files under 'Hole machining operation' you will see an explanation of this.
I have attached a screengrab of this.
I suspect that you need to set the default method under 'System setup' which will default to 'EXTCYCLE'.

Dave

+Quote Post
Bob Gray
post Dec 30 2015, 06:19 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bob Gray @ Dec 29 2015, 09:18 PM) *
I tried that fix and another that I read about on CNCzone. The fix you suggested did nothing to fix the error. The post that they suggested on CNCzone fixed the error but I still do not get the canned cycle inserted into code. See attached screen shot.

I just need a working post for a Haas VF2, Mini Mill

Forgot to hit the upload buttom

Thanks

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Canned_Cycle_problem.jpg ( 366.21K ) Number of downloads: 5

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Dec 30 2015, 01:18 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

That is very strange because it fixed it here. You did recalculate the toolpaths after making the change didn't you? If you didn't, the problem will persist because it is part of the already calculated toolpaths.
Your last screengrab image doesn't show the CLData as this would show whether there are CYCLE or EXTCYCLE commands being created.
You could also select the 'Long hand' option for the 'NC Code format' as a workaround, although this will not work for tapping.

The attached modified version of your post includes the alteration required to avoid the error message........although this is not related to the lack of cycle output.

I hope this helps?

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Bob Gray
post Jan 6 2016, 06:49 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

I must not have recalculated the tool paths. I could have sworn I hit reset and recal the tool paths. Maybe a full off was needed. But I tried it again tonight and it worked fine. I still get the error message with the unmodified post. But least I'm getting my canned cycles which means tapping.

Thanks

Oh I looked, I did not see the attachment that you mentioned in your post.

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Dec 30 2015, 05:18 AM) *
That is very strange because it fixed it here. You did recalculate the toolpaths after making the change didn't you? If you didn't, the problem will persist because it is part of the already calculated toolpaths.
Your last screengrab image doesn't show the CLData as this would show whether there are CYCLE or EXTCYCLE commands being created.
You could also select the 'Long hand' option for the 'NC Code format' as a workaround, although this will not work for tapping.

The attached modified version of your post includes the alteration required to avoid the error message........although this is not related to the lack of cycle output.

I hope this helps?

Dave

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jan 6 2016, 04:12 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Thanks for the update. Not sure what happened to the previous attachment...........hopefully it will be attached to this time........

Dave
Attached File(s)
Attached File  HAAS_4thaxis_4decimal.zip ( 8.5K ) Number of downloads: 2

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2019 - 06:50 AM