anafranil online
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> switched to SC 9, robot tool orientation hosed, tool orientation and position messed up!
neeboy
post Jan 10 2015, 08:11 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,566

I was working in SC8 last week....my registration got hosed and could not longer open the program at all. I figured I'd upgrade to version 9, and now I am completely hosed. I am using a Kuka robot arm, and I cannot get the tool orientation and position right. I know this process works, I've done plenty of cuts in version 8! I've attached my project file, screenshots that show something weird going on, and my robot's configuration file. There's gotta be some step I'm missing here.

Please see the the attached images. When I select the robot itself in the tree, the darn tooltip jumps up (in the Z world-axis) to the very center of the end flange. Then if I click on the toolpath itself, the tooltip jumps down to the correct place. This happens EVERYTIME!

I need to get this resolved. Please help! My router sticks out from the flange-edge 127 mm, and the bottom of the tooltip is 170 mm down from the center of the end-flange. That should be really simple, but SC9 is just driving me crazy!!!!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  SC_tool_in_correct_position_when_toolpath_selected.JPG ( 83.53K ) Number of downloads: 14
Attached File  SC_tool_origin_is_off_when_robot_selected.JPG ( 54.62K ) Number of downloads: 13
Attached File  testing_1_9_15.stc ( 421.15K ) Number of downloads: 2
Attached File  MMS_Robbie.xml ( 2.96K ) Number of downloads: 2

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jan 12 2015, 03:50 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

I am no expert with the Sprut Robot stuff. Have you contacted your SprutCAM reseller for support?
You will need to provide the complete machine configuration folder and not just the xml file. The robot images (*.osd) are not included with the xml file.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
vvelikov
post Jan 13 2015, 10:02 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,583

QUOTE (neeboy @ Jan 10 2015, 08:11 PM) *
I was working in SC8 last week....my registration got hosed and could not longer open the program at all. I figured I'd upgrade to version 9, and now I am completely hosed. I am using a Kuka robot arm, and I cannot get the tool orientation and position right. I know this process works, I've done plenty of cuts in version 8! I've attached my project file, screenshots that show something weird going on, and my robot's configuration file. There's gotta be some step I'm missing here.

Please see the the attached images. When I select the robot itself in the tree, the darn tooltip jumps up (in the Z world-axis) to the very center of the end flange. Then if I click on the toolpath itself, the tooltip jumps down to the correct place. This happens EVERYTIME!

I need to get this resolved. Please help! My router sticks out from the flange-edge 127 mm, and the bottom of the tooltip is 170 mm down from the center of the end-flange. That should be really simple, but SC9 is just driving me crazy!!!!

You need to do a proper configuration file.
I doubt this data you have for the tool is real - X 0 means the tool is ON the flange - that is the zero of the robot tool ... same about Y?
Did you put the actual data from your tool on the robot?
This includes the tool dimensions AND the orientation - the tool calibration should be done as per the instructions for Sprutcam.

And in Sprutcam 9 there is a new version of the machine data file - check it out and use it instead of the old (v8) machine data file

A about the tool - it jumps down when you select a toolpath as you have a tool length there. In the machine definition you dont have any tool attached.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2019 - 09:59 AM