Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can't get toolhead.osd file to appear in simulation
neeboy
post Aug 8 2014, 04:05 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,566

I've done this successfully before....but that was last November, and I can't get it right now. I'm trying to change the toolhead on my Kuka robot in SprutCAM, but when I bring in the Inventor file, select it and export it as an OSD file, it refuses to re-appear in SprutCAM at the end of the complete robot. There's some silly, small step I don't remember. I've attached an image showing my attempt to do this...what on Earth am I doing wrong here?
Attached File(s)
Attached File  toolhead_OSD_export_problem.JPG ( 143.97K ) Number of downloads: 10

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Aug 9 2014, 06:11 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

It isn't very clear from your screengrab, are you putting the 'ToolHead.osd' file into the correct folder, for example 'C:\ProgramData\Sprut Technology\SprutCAM\Version 8\Machines\CustomSchemas'? Does the existing Robot configuration already use an end effector called 'ToolHead.osd'?
Some robot configurations can add an 'end effector' model from within SprutCAM. You might need to move the end effector model to align it with the robot.
Please see the attached image which might give you some idea's?

Dave
Attached File(s)
Attached File  09_08_2014_07_26_59.jpg ( 84.45K ) Number of downloads: 4

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
neeboy
post Aug 10 2014, 09:00 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,566

I figured it out....sure enough, it was a very specific setting. The only way I got it to work was export the Inventor part as an IGES file, and then I I had to set it to export as "Solid" instead of "Surface" in Inventor rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2019 - 10:01 PM