Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Waterline roughing - milling slots?
Mike Henry
post Sep 2 2013, 09:28 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

I'm trying to use a roughing waterline operation in SC7 to mill out 3 open-ended slots in a part. I've created a roughing waterline operation for the 1st slot, selected the floor of the slot as the pocket and "run" it from the machining tab, which seems to work fine. I copied that operation to make a new waterline roughing op, selected the floor for the 2nd slot, and "run' that operation. This results in a bizarre set of toolpaths that mill around part of the edge of the part and then creates some diagonal toolpaths over part of the 3rd slot.

Why the heck does SC insist on creating these toolpaths? All I want it to do is mill out the open slots, one at a time. Can someone please take a look at the attached file and tell me what I'm doing wrong. This worked fine in an earlier revision of the file using an older part design.

Mike
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Wire_Support___Vertical_Top_Rev_4_Slots.zip ( 288.45K ) Number of downloads: 3

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Sep 3 2013, 06:50 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Mike,

I simply created a new operation to replace the faulty one and it worked correctly.

I would suggest that you send this to your SprutCAM reseller or direct to Sprut themselves with a full explanation of how you created this project in the first place.

There appears to be artefacts remaining from a previous SprutCAM project that this project was previously used for?

My own preference for 'reusing' a SprutCAM project is to start a new project, import the new model and then use the 'Import operation' option and select the existing SprutCAM project to be used as the 'template' for the new one.

Dave
Attached File(s)
Attached File  03_09_2013_07_49_17.png ( 18.83K ) Number of downloads: 5
Attached File  03_09_2013_07_58_36.png ( 39K ) Number of downloads: 5

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Mike Henry
post Sep 3 2013, 01:23 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

Hi Dave,

I'd taken a similar SC STC file, done a save-as on it, deleted the old model and imported a new revision of the same model. This has worked well for me before, but apparently something about this geometry made it fail this time. I'll try switching to your approach of importing the ops into a new file, rather than importing the new model into an old file. Thanks for the help.

Mike

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2019 - 10:20 AM