anafranil online
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Change the auto-function, Change how the macro-auto-state identifies a new tool
sky
post Dec 24 2013, 12:22 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,584

Hello,

i have a little problem. We have sprutcam 8 in our company and we love it.
But we want to change the way sprutcam identifies a new tool. We have a 3-axis cnc-mill with a tool magazine with 40 places.

We do not have numbers for our tools to to distinguish them, we use names such as Mill-d20x40 just for example.
We write this name in the name-field of the tool-tab, what works quite well.
We just use the name so it does not matter on what position the tool is in the magazine. If we would not do that, we would have to change half of the magazine for each program.

Now here comes my question: when we have the "macro-state", in the toolpath template on "Auto", Sprutcam detect if it is necessary to change a tool, if the Number of the next tool is different. But because we do not change the numbers and only the name, is my question if it is possible to tell sprutcam, that it should compare the names of the next tool with the tool before and if they are different, the tool change is initiated.

Many greetings
sky
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Dec 27 2013, 04:40 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Sky, welcome to the SprutCAM user forum.

I don't know of a method within SprutCAM to out put a toolchange when the Tools name is changed, it always looks for a tool number.
There are two options:

1: Rename your tools in your machines library to 1 - 2 - 3 etc.

2: Create a tool library in SprutCAM that has the tool name(s) as used in your CNC machines tool library. Under 'Library selection', select 'Use tool number from library'. You can then select your tools by their name from the SprutCAM library, the tool numbers will automatically be output for you from the library which will initiate the toolchange when appropriate.

I hope this helps.

Dave
Attached File(s)
Attached File  27_12_2013_16_44_39.png ( 36.19K ) Number of downloads: 9

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2019 - 08:51 AM