Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tool Table Suggestions
flyinchips
post Nov 15 2011, 01:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,316

Hello all, New user, First post.

I'm just entering my standard tool set into SprutCAM. Here are a couple of things I think would make the experience faster, easier and quicker for the user:

1) Make the size of the tool table window adjustable. The fixed size of the tool window does not allow the user to examine all of the tool parameters in the Library list simultaneously

2) Remember the order I place the parameters in the Library list. It is nice that I can move these parameters, however when I pull the table up again, they are not in the order I left them.

3) Allow for non-contiguous ID numbers. As a simple example, I have 6 tools in my table. I may want to enter a tool with ID number 17 as my next item. I don't want it to be identified as tool ID 7, but as ID 17. Furthermore, It would be nice if I could insert an ID number into the table. Again, an example: I have 7 tools. I discover that I really want the new tool to have ID number 4. I would be nice if it could be inserted in to ID position 4 and the following tool either increment in ID number or I have to manually edit the old tool ID 4 to a new number.

4) Add context help (or whatever Microsoft has come up with to replace context help) This would help many new users overcome the jargon issues with a new program. For instance: I had to experiment to discover that a term I'm familiar with"stick out" translates into the term "overhang".

5) Turn the library list into an "Excel" style spread sheet. This would allow the user to create tools in a cut and paste format very quickly.

6) Allow me to name "Custom" tool holders. Perhaps this is already possible, but I was unable to find the box or method to change "Custom" into "Chuck 1".

7) Have the tool numbers stored with the tools. I would think the method currently used would lead to many tool crashes. To keep things simple, the first 12 tools in my tool box are "fixed" i.e. tool 1 is a 1/16 4 fl HSS flat end mill, tool 2 is a 1/8 mill, next a 1/4 mill. etc, for instance. Imagine my surprise when I pulled tool ID 1 up and I see that it is about to be assigned offset number 2! Perhaps, I don't yet understand dynamically assigning tool numbers and offsets, but initially, it makes no sense to me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th January 2019 - 09:17 AM