Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is SprutCAM 8 out yet?
Mike Henry
post Oct 14 2012, 04:52 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

If SC 8 has been released, would any one care to comment on how it compares to SC 7, especially for lathe operations?

Mike
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Oct 14 2012, 06:33 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Yes, SprutCAM 8 has been released, although I don't know whether all resellers are advertising the fact yet. You can download the new version from the main SprutCAM page: http://sprutcam.com/
It should activate with a trial period. The new downloader will check your OS and then download and install the appropriate version (32bit - 64bit) and updated files for you.

I don't think that there have been many changes to the lathe op's in SC8. There is a new 'B' axis turning option.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Mike Henry
post Oct 14 2012, 09:36 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

Thanks - I'll follow up with my reseller on upgrade path.

Mike

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Oct 14 2012, 06:33 PM) *
Yes, SprutCAM 8 has been released, although I don't know whether all resellers are advertising the fact yet. You can download the new version from the main SprutCAM page: http://sprutcam.com/
It should activate with a trial period. The new downloader will check your OS and then download and install the appropriate version (32bit - 64bit) and updated files for you.

I don't think that there have been many changes to the lathe op's in SC8. There is a new 'B' axis turning option.

Dave

+Quote Post
Val
post Oct 23 2012, 08:40 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,307

I tried it, it seemed to install and do everything that seemed normal, but I did not see all the files, and SC8 did not start up? im running win7 pro x64 with 2 SC7's installed one what I call stable and other that I try out the nightly. I dont think SC8 should have any issues with SC7 installs?

What should we choose when the installer asks for 3 options on the list? night build or just release? and I believe my win7 system had a third option, this winxp x64 has only 2 options, strange.

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Oct 23 2012, 09:06 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Val @ Oct 23 2012, 09:40 PM) *
I tried it, it seemed to install and do everything that seemed normal, but I did not see all the files, and SC8 did not start up? im running win7 pro x64 with 2 SC7's installed one what I call stable and other that I try out the nightly. I dont think SC8 should have any issues with SC7 installs?

What should we choose when the installer asks for 3 options on the list? night build or just release? and I believe my win7 system had a third option, this winxp x64 has only 2 options, strange.

There is a new installer with V8 that downloads and installs the correct files for you automatically (32 / 64bit). The existing SprutCAM 7 installation shouldn't interfere with SprutCAM 8, although it would appear that your V8 (online) licence has perhaps failed to activate correctly.
When it finished installing, did you get offered the chance to do the online activation?
At the registration page you can select 'Yes' to the online activation and follow the online process to activate your trial. You can also select 'No' and you will be given a password that can be e-mailed to Sprut Russia to obtain the activation, this is useful if you are installing on a different PC that does not have internet connection.
The final option is 'Cancel' which will cancel any existing activations and SprutCAM will continue in 'Express' mode.....which is a functionally limited version of SprutCAM for Hobby machinists on a budget.
I would select the 'Release' version at download time as this is the most stable version. You can select the 'Nightbuild' option if you wish, but this has usually gone through an automatic test which picks up most issues, but these might not always get picked up immediately, so it is only recommended for experienced SprutCAM users to select this option.
I would also suggest running the installer and SprutCAM 7 & 8 with full administrator rights.

Let us know how you are getting on.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Val
post Oct 23 2012, 09:27 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Oct 23 2012, 02:06 PM) *
There is a new installer with V8 that downloads and installs the correct files for you automatically (32 / 64bit). The existing SprutCAM 7 installation shouldn't interfere with SprutCAM 8, although it would appear that your V8 (online) licence has perhaps failed to activate correctly.
When it finished installing, did you get offered the chance to do the online activation?
At the registration page you can select 'Yes' to the online activation and follow the online process to activate your trial. You can also select 'No' and you will be given a password that can be e-mailed to Sprut Russia to obtain the activation, this is useful if you are installing on a different PC that does not have internet connection.
The final option is 'Cancel' which will cancel any existing activations and SprutCAM will continue in 'Express' mode.....which is a functionally limited version of SprutCAM for Hobby machinists on a budget.
I would select the 'Release' version at download time as this is the most stable version. You can select the 'Nightbuild' option if you wish, but this has usually gone through an automatic test which picks up most issues, but these might not always get picked up immediately, so it is only recommended for experienced SprutCAM users to select this option.
I would also suggest running the installer and SprutCAM 7 & 8 with full administrator rights.

Let us know how you are getting on.

Dave

I did not get anything that looked like online activation, I will look into the administrator rights as well.
I will try the new installer when I get a chance.

Thank you for your reply.

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Oct 23 2012, 10:19 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

My pleasure. I see that you are in the US, so if you continue to have activation problems, it's probably best to contact SprutCAM America for direct support: http://www.sprutcamamerica.com/ although I'm not sure if they have released version 8 themselves yet.

If you continue having problems, post back here and I'll see what I can do.

Dave

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Val
post Oct 24 2012, 04:45 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

I tried the new installer on my win7 pro 64bit, and its doing exact same thing, it is not installing everything. What I noticed different from my winxp 64bit machine is on the windows 7 machine I had a few files that it was prompting me that they are not signed and if I wanted to continue which I did. But it went through supper fast and said at end its done and if i want to start SprutCAM, BUT nothing happens, I look at the install Program Files folder "SPRUT Technology" and its only 5mb or so, with hardly any files besides the uninstall.

When I go to uninstall all I see is a check mark for "modules installer"

I believe for the USA I was told in november they will be releasing it.

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Oct 24 2012, 07:10 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

That is very strange. From what you are saying it doesn't sound like it is downloading any of the required files? I assume that the PC has access to the internet when running the SCsetup.exe file?
If you use Skype I would like to see what is happening so that I can create a report for the software engineers. My Skype name is: sprut_uk

As an alternative you can download the complete archive here: http://download.sprutcam.com/index.php?dir...lease_EN_RU.zip
Unzip the archive into a temporary folder, don't alter the file and folder structure and run SCsetup.exe.

Dave

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Oct 25 2012, 09:07 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

I have spoken with the software engineer who is responsible for the new installer and he has asked: can you please download and use the very latest installer: http://download.sprutcam.com/download/spru...n-8/SCsetup.exe and send the log file produced when the install process has completed (or otherwise)?
You can send it to me if you wish dave AT sprut.co.uk

Dave

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Val
post Oct 25 2012, 06:15 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Oct 25 2012, 02:07 AM) *
I have spoken with the software engineer who is responsible for the new installer and he has asked: can you please download and use the very latest installer: http://download.sprutcam.com/download/spru...n-8/SCsetup.exe and send the log file produced when the install process has completed (or otherwise)?
You can send it to me if you wish dave AT sprut.co.uk

Dave

Ok sent the log.

If there is any other info that is needed about my system/configuration please reply to the email and I will do my best to present it.

Thank you for your help, I can't wait to try out SC8 smile.gif but first need it to install.

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Oct 26 2012, 05:37 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

I have received the log file and have passed it on to the software engineer responsible for these, thank you. For the time being you should be able to download and install SprutCAM 8 using the complete archive (see my previous post). You should be able to try the SCsetup.exe method for updating the installation once they've found the cause of the problem which is preventing the usual installation method.
I'll post here when it is solved.

Thank you for your assistance and patience.

Dave

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Oct 26 2012, 08:45 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

It would appear that they are still fine tuning the (US based) server that is used for these downloads and there have been a few 'outages' during this process. I would definitely suggest using the archived version at the moment: http://download.sprutcam.com/index.php?dir...lease_EN_RU.zip

Let me know if you have any questions regarding this?

Dave

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Val
post Oct 26 2012, 06:52 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Oct 26 2012, 01:45 AM) *
It would appear that they are still fine tuning the (US based) server that is used for these downloads and there have been a few 'outages' during this process. I would definitely suggest using the archived version at the moment: http://download.sprutcam.com/index.php?dir...lease_EN_RU.zip

Let me know if you have any questions regarding this?

Dave

Thank you, that archived version worked smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Oct 31 2012, 08:16 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

I am assured that the download / install problem has been corrected in the latest SCsetup.exe. You can download it from the same location: http://download.sprutcam.com/download/spru...n-8/SCsetup.exe

You can use this file to update your existing V8 installation. It will download and install any updated files for you. Please let me know if this now works correctly?

Dave

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2019 - 04:03 AM