Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New release of SprutCAM 2007 b5.41 is available
MickeyD
post Sep 7 2008, 12:34 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,289

Got this in the mail this morning. So far everything looks good, I will try and make some chips with it tomorrow.

Hello,

New release of SprutCAM 2007 b5.41 is available:
http://download.sprut.ru/English/Demo/Spru...tCAM2007_WE.exe (~ 75 Mb)

This release include:
* The mechanism of automatic installation of rotary axes of the machine for 4 and 5 axis machining is realized: by a normal to a surface or by axis to a cylindrical surface - for this purpose it is enough to specify a surface;

* Point of tool change, approach reference point and return reference point add also;

* New strategy of operations: multiply of a toolpath in view of rotary axes;

* New function (button Sew in a 3D model mode) at work with model will allow to create 3D edges and tops of a solid (points) i.e. curves for machining in contouring operations for engraving and for turning machining;

* New window for complex editing parameters of the tool and modes of cutting of all operations of the job list;

* Drilling operation has a new way of setting of holes: through a side surface of hole;

* The vertical walls of model it is possible to add into job assignment for contouring operation;

* The surfaces of rotation it is possible to add in the job assignment for turning operations. To set of a groove in grooving operation it is enough to add a surface of groove.

* All this in most cases allows to do without 2D-geometry;

* Full associative communication of operations with 3D model when change of model in CAD;

* Added the schemes of Tormach and Slovtos machines;

* A few dozen bug fixed.

Wishes and recommendations of users that work with previous version are taken also into consideration in new build.

New movies about SprutCAM are available:
http://www.sprutcam.com/Downloads/videos/
and
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer..._type=&aq=f

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Regards,
Support Team

SPRUT Technology, Inc.
Office 6,
Ave. Autozavodskiy, 1,
Naberezhnye Chelny,
RUSSIA

TEL +7(8552) 5994 10
FAX +7(8552) 5994 09

www.sprutcam.com

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mike Henry
post Sep 7 2008, 07:37 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

Any user reports yet?

Many of the new features sound intriguing but the description is a bit unclear.

QUOTE (MickeyD @ Sep 7 2008, 12:34 AM) *
Got this in the mail this morning. So far everything looks good, I will try and make some chips with it tomorrow.

Hello,

New release of SprutCAM 2007 b5.41 is available:
http://download.sprut.ru/English/Demo/Spru...tCAM2007_WE.exe (~ 75 Mb)

<snip>

+Quote Post
mayhugh1
post Sep 8 2008, 12:13 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 49

QUOTE (Mike Henry @ Sep 7 2008, 07:37 PM) *
Any user reports yet?

Many of the new features sound intriguing but the description is a bit unclear.

I think the lathe ops are hosed. I can't change any of the lathe speed/feedrate parameters. They return to their default values immediately after closing the operation parameter window. I've even tried cutting and pasting values from notepad which was a workaround for similar problems in the past but no joy this time.
Also I have a general question about how to do the updates. When I install the most recent download from Sprutcam's website which is at the same URL as posted by Mike above, the install goes OK but when run, the application want me to go through the registration process as though I had just downloaded the demo even though I have a valid dongle/license. In fact it has always been this way for me. I typically go back to the URL originally sent to me when I bought the product and the newest version is always there and it installs and runs OK. (I always uninstall the previous version before updating) if that is any clue.

I like how the machine units are now linked to the system units but until they also link the digits precision, you still have to correct the machine 'tolerance' parameter for each imperial project.

I agree about the documentation. With the new multi-axis features being added the manual needs to be updated also. - Terry

--------------------
Terry

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Sep 8 2008, 12:51 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Terry, if I select a different tab after altering a spindle speed / feed value prior to clicking 'Ok', then it appears to work ok........do you get the same result?
The file that is being used for installing is not strictly speaking, correct for upgrading. You can use it, if, after you have run the self extracting file, and before running the installation file, you delete the file called _SCInstPF0_OnLineSoft.exe, this should ensure that your existing softlock / hardlock method still works.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
mayhugh1
post Sep 8 2008, 04:04 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 49

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Sep 8 2008, 12:51 PM) *
Terry, if I select a different tab after altering a spindle speed / feed value prior to clicking 'Ok', then it appears to work ok........do you get the same result?
The file that is being used for installing is not strictly speaking, correct for upgrading. You can use it, if, after you have run the self extracting file, and before running the installation file, you delete the file called _SCInstPF0_OnLineSoft.exe, this should ensure that your existing softlock / hardlock method still works.

Dave

Dave,
Yes, not clicking OK on the feedrate tab seems to get around the problem. Thank you very much. I had tried every workaround I could think of. Also thanks for the tip on the upgrade. I wondered what that other little exe was for but was afraid to do anything with it. - Terry

--------------------
Terry

+Quote Post
djb
post Sep 25 2008, 11:27 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (mayhugh1 @ Sep 8 2008, 12:13 AM) *
Also I have a general question about how to do the updates. When I install the most recent download from Sprutcam's website which is at the same URL as posted by Mike above, the install goes OK but when run, the application want me to go through the registration process as though I had just downloaded the demo even though I have a valid dongle/license. In fact it has always been this way for me. I typically go back to the URL originally sent to me when I bought the product and the newest version is always there and it installs and runs OK. (I always uninstall the previous version before updating) if that is any clue.

For whatever reason, my 5.41 install is now asking for registration information and I cant work. Would you be willing to share the link that worked for you for your 5.41 install?

Dave, I uninstalled the program, deleted that file you list above from the directory I am installing from and tried again, and it still asked for registration codes. Does it get put somewhere else, or do I need to delete another file somewhere if I made the Im trying to solve this before the end of friday, as I have a project I am working on this weekend and I cant use Sprut... and need it to complete the project. blink.gif

David

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Sep 26 2008, 07:30 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (djb @ Sep 26 2008, 12:27 AM) *
For whatever reason, my 5.41 install is now asking for registration information and I cant work. Would you be willing to share the link that worked for you for your 5.41 install?

Dave, I uninstalled the program, deleted that file you list above from the directory I am installing from and tried again, and it still asked for registration codes. Does it get put somewhere else, or do I need to delete another file somewhere if I made the Im trying to solve this before the end of friday, as I have a project I am working on this weekend and I cant use Sprut... and need it to complete the project. blink.gif

David

Hi David,

What software protection method have you purchased: Hardlock (USB key) or softlock?
If it's hardlock, you will need to add the appropriate hardlock driver file into the folder with the install file, before running the install again. Ours is called _SCInstPF0_HASPD.exe. You should be able to find this file on your original installation CD.
If it's softlock, then you will need to obtain another activation code from your supplier by sending them the install code: starts with CM5...........
If you are really stuck, e-mail me your installation code and I can issue a temporary activation code to get you up and running again.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
djb
post Sep 27 2008, 05:21 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Sep 26 2008, 07:30 AM) *
Hi David,

What software protection method have you purchased: Hardlock (USB key) or softlock?
If it's hardlock, you will need to add the appropriate hardlock driver file into the folder with the install file, before running the install again. Ours is called _SCInstPF0_HASPD.exe. You should be able to find this file on your original installation CD.
If it's softlock, then you will need to obtain another activation code from your supplier by sending them the install code: starts with CM5...........
If you are really stuck, e-mail me your installation code and I can issue a temporary activation code to get you up and running again.

Dave

Dave,

Im using the hasp key and for some reason Im having a problem. I tried installing using your advice with that file and for whatever reason it didnt work. If you wouldnt mind sending me a code to get through this project I would greatly appreciate it. djborden (at) gmail.com

Thank man, really appreciate your assistance!!

David

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Sep 27 2008, 06:26 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (djb @ Sep 27 2008, 06:21 AM) *
Dave,

Im using the hasp key and for some reason Im having a problem. I tried installing using your advice with that file and for whatever reason it didnt work. If you wouldnt mind sending me a code to get through this project I would greatly appreciate it. djborden (at) gmail.com

Thank man, really appreciate your assistance!!

David

David, Are you getting a 'The hardware key is not found' error? If you are, then you could try going into 'Control panel' - 'System' - 'Device manager' - ''Universal serial bus controllers' - 'Aladdin Hasp key' and select 'Update driver'.............you might have to do this a couple or three times before Windows finds an updated driver.
If you cannot get the key to work, go to your C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SPRUT Technology folder and delete the folder in there called 'Licence'.........run SprutCAM again and you will have the Registration prompt.
If you are getting the Registration prompt, e-mail me your installation code which starts with CM5..........

Dave

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
djb
post Sep 27 2008, 03:06 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Sep 27 2008, 06:26 AM) *
David, Are you getting a 'The hardware key is not found' error? If you are, then you could try going into 'Control panel' - 'System' - 'Device manager' - ''Universal serial bus controllers' - 'Aladdin Hasp key' and select 'Update driver'.............you might have to do this a couple or three times before Windows finds an updated driver.
If you cannot get the key to work, go to your C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SPRUT Technology folder and delete the folder in there called 'Licence'.........run SprutCAM again and you will have the Registration prompt.
If you are getting the Registration prompt, e-mail me your installation code which starts with CM5..........

Dave

Dave,

I couldnt find your email, so sent the code in a PM. That seems to be the problem, its not even telling me my hasp key is missing or not. It just goes straight to the registration screen.

David

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Sep 27 2008, 06:57 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (djb @ Sep 27 2008, 04:06 PM) *
Dave,

I couldnt find your email, so sent the code in a PM. That seems to be the problem, its not even telling me my hasp key is missing or not. It just goes straight to the registration screen.

David

You have a PM

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
djb
post Sep 29 2008, 05:06 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Just an FYI,

I was able to get my software installed and working with the HASP key. I was using a file very close to _SCInstPF0_HASPD.exe, but not exact by a couple characters. I think it was for version 4.0. At first glance it appeared to be the same file. Once locating the exact file name Dave listed above, I was able to install the program and run as normal.

Thanks to Dave for helping out! Greatly appreciated...

David

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2019 - 03:40 AM