Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coordinate System?
rsmachine
post Oct 3 2007, 03:46 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,872

Hello,

I have a question about using the coordinate system in Sprut. I have a Tormach mill and use SprutCAM 4.0, I have a multi operation part I have been working on and have been trying to get the post to output G54, G55, etc.. and no matter what I try I can't seem to get it to work. The post-processor I use is written for the Tormach and doesn't spit out G54, G55, etc.. even though it seems to be written into the post. I have tried other post-processors included and they will post out G54, but nothing else. Am I missing something here? I can't seem to find any information on this in this forum or in any of the help files. Can someone please help?

Thanks,

Sean
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Oct 3 2007, 04:32 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Sean, welcome to the forum. You aren't missing anything, at the moment SprutCAM doesn't have the ability to output work shift commands (G54 - G55 / DATUM SHIFT etc.) to the postprocessor.
This is something which I have been pushing for and am hoping it may be in one of the next few SprutCAM 2007 updates.......

HTH

Dave

+Quote Post
rsmachine
post Oct 3 2007, 06:04 PM
Post #3

Thanks Dave, It's nice to know that this forum is here. I don't usually need a lot of help, and I really like SprutCAM. It seems as though just about every time I use it I learn something new about it's capabilities. I am a long time Gibbs user, but couldn't afford it for my own shop. I am glad I bought SprutCAM, and use it daily. Thank you for your answer, hopefully they will incorporate that soon, as it is something all CAM softwares should have.

Also, any idea on whether or not there will be an upgrade available for current owners? I have turning centers as well and would really like to have 2007 with the turning. I downloaded 2007, and sent off an email to register, hoping for at least the demo version, but haven't heard back from anyone yet.

Thanks again,

Sean

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Oct 4 2007, 05:46 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Sean, you should contact your existing SprutCAM reseller to get information regarding an upgrade to SprutCAM 2007. There is always an upgrade route available.
Who did you e-mail for the SprutCAM 2007 trial, was it your dealer or Sprut themselves?

Dave

+Quote Post
rsmachine
post Oct 4 2007, 11:49 AM
Post #5

Sprut themselves. I emailed them on Monday and again yesterday.

As far as the upgrade, I have tried to get information from the people I bought Sprut from on Monday, but they told me they didn't know yet what the dollar amount or process was going to be for upgrading, and that they would get back to me.

Sean

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Oct 4 2007, 01:50 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Hi Sean, I'm not sure on the status of the roll out of SprutCAM 2007. We have released it here in the UK....but I'm wondering whether we are the 'guinea pigs' so that any problems are fixed before it's released anywhere else....smile.gif

Have you already downloaded and installed SprutCAM 2007 and are simply waiting for a trial activation? If yes, e-mail the code to me and I'll see if I can get a 30 day code sorted for you.

Dave

+Quote Post
rsmachine
post Nov 7 2007, 07:28 PM
Post #7

Hey Dave,

I was nosing around the Help files in the Postprocessors generator and came accross this; There is a command called ORIGIN in the CLDATA dictionary, I don't quite understand the layout of the command and where and how you would use it, but it appears as though this is what you would use to output work coordinates for your machine. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Sean

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Nov 7 2007, 10:11 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Hi Sean, yes you are correct, there is an ORIGIN command, BUT, SprutCAM 2007 does not pass any CLData to it at the moment.
This command will be what is used for G54 - G55 or DATUM SHIFT etc.

I am hoping that we will get something in the near future for this....I have exchanged a few e-mails regarding this with Sprut's head programmer and he seems keen to get something implemented....fingers crossed cool.gif

Dave

Beer makes you feel how you ought to feel without beer.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2019 - 12:27 PM