Reply to this topicStart new topic
> output tool call command when using same tool
breazr
post Sep 29 2017, 06:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 40

Hello Dave,

It seems logic not to output a new "tool call" (LOADTL) command when using the same tool for a new operation (unnecessary move to tool change position, activating tool length compensation and so other).

However, for some Heidenhain controllers, especially when 5-axis milling is involved, not issuing a new "tool call" command in the NC program can cause some problems.

Is there any possibility to force the attached post to issue the tool call command, for a new operation, even the tool is the same ?

Of course, only if the change is a simple one, if it requires some complex work, I will contact the guys from SprutCAM and ask the customer to pay for that change.

For example, I have commented the line:

if t$<>"" then

from the "Loadtl" function, but it didn't work (not correct ? not enough ?)

Radu
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Heidenhain__iTNC530__Mill_modif_51.zip ( 14.31K ) Number of downloads: 1

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Oct 9 2017, 06:13 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Radu,

It wont be a simple modification to get the TOOL CALL output into the code without a toolchange command. As you say, it is the Loadtl section of the post that creates the TOOL CALL output, but if you aren't changing tools, this negates simply using this because the Loadtl section will not be in the Cldata.
My suggestion is; if you require the TOOL CALL for 5D milling, you could create a routine in the PPFUN section to check the '.name' of the current operation and then output the TOOL CALL conditionally based on this?. The PPFUN Cldata contains the current Tool number (CLD[26]), Tool Diameter (CLD[27]) and the tool length (CLD[33]) if needed.
Alternatively, if you are using TCPM, you could do something in the 'Interpolation' section of the post.

I hope this helps?

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 04:12 AM