Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CNCZone forum........
Sprut_UK
post Apr 6 2008, 04:45 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi All, I just thought I would let people on here know that I do no longer offer any support on the CNC Zone forum. After helping out on there for quite some time, they decided to remove one of my posts because, I'm assuming here, I mentioned that SprutCAM now has lathe capabilities.........?
It's a shame that something that started off so well, has now turned into an obviously fully commercial venture, which spoils it because it is biased to sales rather than support............
Anyway, if anyone see's requests for help with SprutCAM on there, if you can point them towards this forum it would be appreciated.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
krisz
post Apr 10 2008, 10:29 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Apr 6 2008, 04:45 PM) *
turned into an obviously fully commercial venture, which spoils it because it is biased to sales rather than support............

Exactly why I do not go there anymore either. No point what so ever.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Apr 10 2008, 10:41 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Krisz, welcome back..........it's been a while since you've been seen on here, I hope that you are keeping well and busy?
Are you still working with SprutCAM?

If you haven't already, try and get your hands on the new build 5.37.........it's looking very nice wink.gif

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
krisz
post Apr 10 2008, 11:12 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3

I will try. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeyD
post Apr 11 2008, 01:21 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,289

Tell us more about 5.37. I really like the new measuring feature in 5.36.

+Quote Post
mayhugh1
post Apr 11 2008, 06:35 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 49

Dave,
Is the lathe front toolpost option working in 5.37 and are the Imperial units issues with the lathe tools fixed? I'm anxious to try out my new lathe post processor with some real cutting. - Terry

--------------------
Terry

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Apr 11 2008, 09:24 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Rather than have two separate threads I have answered your questions here

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
RP Designs
post Nov 12 2008, 09:57 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 2,732

Hi Dave,
I was directed to your forum to answer some of my sprutcam questions. I am in the planning stages of setting up my shop and have just downloaded the trial version of sprut. I am still trying to figure out how much functionality the Tormach version of SprutCAM gives since I am really looking for the 3-d capabilities as well as continous 4th axis. It looks as though the new version of the software supports these functions, but after talking to the sales dept at Tormach it also sounds like there might be a problem in the postprocessor with the 4th axis. Do you know of anyone using the 4th axis functions on a tormach? Have you heard of any specific issues? Also do you have any sample 4th axis tutorials to try just so I can evaluate this software? I have tried the Visualmill and found their tutorials to be pretty good which made it very easy to work with the software (at least in evaluating their product).
Thanks,
RP

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Nov 13 2008, 09:57 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Hi RP, and welcome to the forum. Firstly I should point out that this isn't my forum as such, it is hosted by Sprut Russia who write the SprutCAM software. I own and run Sprut Technology (UK) Ltd. who are an independent reseller of SprutCAM.
To answer your questions.......
As far as I am aware, the Tormach version of SprutCAM is only limited by the fact that it will postprocess only for the Tormach machines, other than this it has the same capabilities of the full commercial version of SprutCAM. This means that, yes it does do 3D & live 4th and 5th axis machining, although the last two are fairly limited at this stage, but will be expanded over the next few months.
I believe that the Tormach postprocessor has not had the new Multigoto functions (required for 4th + 5th axis) added to it yet, but I have sent them a Mach3 postprocessor which has had this work done. I would suggest contacting Tormach for more information regarding this.
I have a customer in Australia using this post with a Mach3 + 4th axis and he seems very happy with the performance.
I am happy to answer any specific questions on here relating to SprutCAM.

Advertisement begins...........rolleyes.gif
I am creating a library of narrated online tutorials which my own customers have access to. I have recently added a payment gateway (PayPal) to this so that other SprutCAM users can access this resource too.
To give you a taste for what is available, you can see a recent 4th axis example tutorial here (speakers or headphones required).
I am trying to add new video's to this library every week.
the site can be accessed here (requires registration and payment for access).

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
RP Designs
post Nov 13 2008, 07:18 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 2,732

Thank you that is very helpful! Are you able to download and save the videos from your tutorial site or are they simply streamed video?

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Nov 13 2008, 09:52 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (RP Designs @ Nov 13 2008, 07:18 PM) *
Thank you that is very helpful! Are you able to download and save the videos from your tutorial site or are they simply streamed video?

Streaming only.........as the software moves forward I will try and keep them up to date.

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
WillyS
post Dec 2 2008, 07:36 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 2,319

Dave,

So I'm not the only one who noticed that. I've spent a lot of time helping guys there too and I think your spot on.

Willy

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Apr 6 2008, 10:45 AM) *
Hi All, I just thought I would let people on here know that I do no longer offer any support on the CNC Zone forum. After helping out on there for quite some time, they decided to remove one of my posts because, I'm assuming here, I mentioned that SprutCAM now has lathe capabilities.........?
It's a shame that something that started off so well, has now turned into an obviously fully commercial venture, which spoils it because it is biased to sales rather than support............
Anyway, if anyone see's requests for help with SprutCAM on there, if you can point them towards this forum it would be appreciated.

Dave

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th February 2019 - 05:51 AM