Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SC8 Autodesk Inventor Add-in Not Working
dkaustin
post Oct 28 2013, 03:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,310

Now that my SC8 update and help issues have been resolved, I thought I'd see if the Inventor add-in had magically started working. It hasn't.

When I highlight "Autodesk Inventor" in the Add-in Manager, all the options are grayed out. Apparently, it does not see Inventor 2010 installed on my computer. Does SC8 look only on the C: drive for installed programs? That might be the problem, since I do not install any applications on the C: drive if I can help it.

This isn't a major problem, since I can convert my Inventor parts to IGES and import them into SC. It would be nice, though, to be able to eliminate the extra step.

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Oct 29 2013, 05:35 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

As far as I am aware, there are no problems with the Inventor addin.
Are you running SprutCAM 8 with full administrator rights? From Windows Vista onward, Running an administrator account does not confer administrator rights to an application, it must be done each time an application is started or, it can be done automatically via a shortcut.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
dkaustin
post Oct 29 2013, 01:10 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,310

That was it, Dave. Thanks.

+Quote Post
neeboy
post Nov 5 2013, 10:39 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,566

When I try and install the add-in, I get nothing in Inventor...I tracked down the actual install application, and when I run it, the screen flashes a black window for a brief moment, and that's it. I have looked in the Inventor "Add-in Manager 2014" and I see no mention of SprutCAM anywhere. (Where would the SprutCAM link pop-up if it did work?)

I have closed SprutCAM and re-opened it, clicked on the Inventor item, and the checkbox for "Enabled" is still checked...so why no link back in Inventor? I hope it's not a user account thing...I've tried all these steps by "running as administrator" and that hasn't help...there's gotta be some small, rinky-dinky step I'm missing!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Inventor_add_in_installed.JPG ( 59.42K ) Number of downloads: 5

+Quote Post
bones288
post Nov 5 2013, 11:06 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,509

I'm having issues finding the add-in set-up procedure for Inventor as well (2013).
Can someone point me to some info on how to set up the Inventor add-in on the Autodesk side?

Thanks,
Bones

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2019 - 02:11 AM