Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Creating 'handed' parts
Sprut_UK
post Jan 12 2005, 05:47 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi All, I would just like to share this new little shortcut I found when creating some toolpaths for parts that are 'handed'.
All you do is create the machining for the first part (e.g. right handed) and then mirror the model directly in SprutCAM, and then reset and re-run the machining and this creates the machining for the next component (e.g. left handed).

I have created a video file to show how to do this here

I hope you find this useful.

Dave
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MMcCawley
post Dec 17 2005, 12:17 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 34

Dave,

Is there a way to mirror the machining operation (as you have done) but still keep the original toolpath (ie copy it rather than cut it). I ran into this problem yesterday so I decided to mirror a copy of the part and manually reprogram the toolpath incase I need to alter the right handed toolpath in the future. Thanks again for the great videos.

Matt

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Dec 17 2005, 08:33 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Matt,

There are a couple of ways of doing this, and I have created a couple of video's to show how.
This first one is a quick method which was introduced recently in SprutCAM version 4.
This method allows us to mirror an existing toolpath, which is very useful, but has the disadvantage of changing the direction of machining (climb - conventional):
Mirrored toolpth

This next method takes a little longer to prepare, but allows more flexibility, and because we are applying the toolpaths to mirrored geometry we have control over the direction of machining:
Mirrored part(s)

I hope this helps.

Dave

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th July 2019 - 07:01 PM