Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mazak Postprocessor
BOB1974
post Feb 28 2008, 09:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,308

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a fully working post for mazatrol fusion 640 control or MPlus. I know it will be in ISO and I am completely new to Mazak ISO and all the things that go with it.

I know this as my control is covered in red error messages laugh.gif

What are the main trip-ups in the conversion from mazatrol to ISO running?

Tool file and ID must play a major part? WPC is no more I must be using G54 then huh? How do you get it to tool change? Is this all part of the tool file/tool data issue?

Am I being blonde? I've been a Mazatrol operator for about 10 years and now have been plunged into (not entirely) unknown territory.

I also used to run a Deckel DMC63V with sinumerik 810D control. This was absolutley gorgeous in every way but sadly was let down on the support/maintenance side so was sold. sad.gif

I know need a crash course in setting/running a .ISO program in Mazak format. There's only so much you can get from a book.

You need to know where to look for a start.

Sorry if I'm waffling guys, got a lot going on up there at the mo smile.gif

Any help would be appreciated before I annoy the guys at Sprutcam to write my post!!

Cheers

Rob.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Mar 1 2008, 05:11 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Rob, I've e-mailed you a modified post for your Mazak. Let me know how you get on with it.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Ted
post Jun 3 2014, 01:22 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,237

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Mar 1 2008, 01:11 PM) *
Hi Rob, I've e-mailed you a modified post for your Mazak. Let me know how you get on with it.

Dave

Dave - might there be a Mazak MatrixNexus EIA post (3or 4 axis mill is ok) for SC8 still floating around? Eric worked with me on one a while back for SC7 and I can't for the life of me find it. I'm having a challenge working with the Fanuc stock posts where they all want to push out metric but not actually convert units. Rather weird scenario, so I assume it was my fat-fingers that caused that problem....

Thanks,
Ted.

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jun 3 2014, 03:04 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Ted, welcome to the SprutCAM User forum.

The only tested Mazak mill post that I have is attached. The postprocessor doesn't convert units other than outputting the units command (G20 / G21).
It's theoretically possible to create registers within a postprocessor to output metric values and further registers for imperial, but because most people tend stick to one type of units, it's easier to just alter the output registers to take care of it.
I have altered the registers in the attached version for imperial units (3:4), hopefully this will be better than the metric Fanuc posts that you are trying to use.

Kind regards

Dave
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Mazak_mill.zip ( 7.24K ) Number of downloads: 8

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Ted
post Jun 8 2014, 12:19 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,237

Dave - thanks for that. Setting the machine up for different units isn't a problem for me, as both my Tsugami lathe and Chiron mill are set for metric; the fun part is while I'm the only one to use those two machines, some folks come by and perform Mazatrol on the Mazak, and I'm sure to confuse someone eventually with that. I may have to go through and make it 4:4 for the signifigants, but given how long the Mazak has sat unused, it may not hold tenths anymore, so :3 is enough.

I've had this Mazak for 5 years, and for the past two it's been sitting dead due to a circuit breaker (unfortunate story beyond my control) - of course, my Cad/CAM hasn't waited around and changing from VisualMill to SC7 and now upgrading to SC8, It's just now with the mill back on line (of course with a "Very important project immediately needing my attention"), do I get a chance to provision it again!

I've certainly been happy with my choice to move from VM to SC!
Regards,
Ted.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2019 - 10:00 PM