anafranil online
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Getting really IRRITATED with SprutCAM!, re-install, no "5X" tab...
neeboy
post Oct 25 2013, 03:46 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,566

Does anyone who officially works for SprutCAM read this forum? I have yet to process a single toolpath with this program, and I'm getting really IRRITATED!

First of all, I do not have the "5X" tab in the Operations area on either of my SprutCAM 8.2 educational installs. All of the promotional material I see says that this is a "Full-featured Pro Configuration." So, WHERE'S the 5X operations like swarf milling???

Secondly, I tried running the "update" function, and on one of my installs, the program will not start, says the shortcuts are gone, and I see that the executable as well as several other crucial files have gone missing....so somehow the "update" procedure wiped out a vast majority of the program and I can't use it on this PC...unless, I'm guessing, I have to re-install from scratch and pester the American SprutCAM dealer for yet ANOTHER access code, right??

Losing my patience here!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neeboy
post Oct 25 2013, 04:56 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,566

Okay, I re-installed the program. It seems my license is still valid, but that doesn't answer my issue with the missing "5X" tab for the multi-axis machining features.

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Oct 25 2013, 06:42 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (neeboy @ Oct 25 2013, 04:46 AM) *
Does anyone who officially works for SprutCAM read this forum? I have yet to process a single toolpath with this program, and I'm getting really IRRITATED!

As far as I am aware, no they don't.

First of all, I do not have the "5X" tab in the Operations area on either of my SprutCAM 8.2 educational installs. All of the promotional material I see says that this is a "Full-featured Pro Configuration." So, WHERE'S the 5X operations like swarf milling???

Who told you that you would have the separate Moduleworks (+5D) operations in the free educational version of SprutCAM that you are running? You really need to discuss it with them. FYI you can see the operations that are available in the various levels of SprutCAM 8 in the user documentation 'Appendix' within SprutCAM or online here: http://www.sprutcam.com/files/documentatio.../eng/index.html

Secondly, I tried running the "update" function, and on one of my installs, the program will not start, says the shortcuts are gone, and I see that the executable as well as several other crucial files have gone missing....so somehow the "update" procedure wiped out a vast majority of the program and I can't use it on this PC...unless, I'm guessing, I have to re-install from scratch and pester the American SprutCAM dealer for yet ANOTHER access code, right??

As mentioned in another thread, I prefer to use the SCSetup.exe file method to update SprutCAM 8. Please see this thread: http://forums.sprutcam.com/forums/index.ph...post&p=2277

Losing my patience here!!

Yup, I know how you feel wink.gif

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Oct 25 2013, 06:01 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

neeboy, Eric Anderson of SprutCAM America has asked if you can contact him please.........

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th March 2019 - 12:15 AM