> Next Feed
bones288
post Jul 31 2013, 01:25 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,509

Hello Dave,

I'm hoping you can give me an explanation about the 'Next Feed' pull down option in the FEED RATE option of the Strategy tab.
The SC7 manual and the description picture for that option aren't entirely helpful.

I'm hoping it will allow me to increase the feed rate of successive roughing operations.
I don't have the pleasure of waterline operations with my version so I need to use Zone Widths on my 2d contouring roughing ops.
After the first roughing op, at 100% dia, I'd like to speed up the remaining 50% radial cuts (again 2d contouring).

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jul 31 2013, 02:31 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Next feed is the move at the end of the first contouring pass which moves to the 'Next' contouring pass. For 2D Contouring you will need to be using 'Roughing XY Paths' and have the 'Transition' set to 'Around workpiece' for the 'Next feed' to work.
However, I don't think that this feed option will achieve what you need.
To achieve a different feedrate on the first pass than on subsequent passes, you will need to create an initial 2D Contouring operation for the first pass leaving the initial required stock and the slower feedrate, then create another 2D Contouring which is identical to the first one (Parameters by operation) and put the Stock to 0 and create the required roughing passes with the quicker feedrate.

I hope this helps.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th January 2019 - 10:00 AM