anafranil online
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2D Contour Approach, How to change the entry approach for multiple 2D contours
bones288
post Aug 10 2013, 08:04 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,509

Hey Dave,

When my part drops from the stock I want clean sharp edges. I can file burrs and cut tabs off from straight parts easily enough after the fact but the corners need to be sharp before the part drops as I'll never be able to file those down properly due the small size of my part.

I'm using edge selected 2D contours to cut out the four edges of a square part before I send the tool down to do the rest of the sides. My issue is that I want the tool to begin cutting each corner from outside the stock rather than plunging into the uncut stock. I thought changing the direction of the approach would be as easy as changing the start/end direction of the cut (circle/end arrow of the machine path) but, to my surprise, this isn't working and the approach appears to remain unchanged.

How can I change the tool approach to start from the opposite side of a 2D contour path (outside the stock)?

Thanks,
Brad K

Attached File(s)
Attached File  3bad1good_approach.PNG ( 92.77K ) Number of downloads: 15
Attached File  changed_path_direction_but_not_better.PNG ( 85.43K ) Number of downloads: 19

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Aug 11 2013, 09:25 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Brad,

Did you click 'Reset' and 'Run' after changing the direction(s) of the selected curves? Unlike when you edit an operations parameters, dynamically changing the direction or side for curve machining under 'Job assignment' does not reset an operation...........you must remember to do it.

If this is not what is happening, then please provide your (zipped) project for further analysis, thanks.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
bones288
post Aug 12 2013, 05:58 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,509

Hey Dave,

Yeah, I always Reset>Run when I make any changes. It's not really a big deal as my depths are very shallow anyway and it executed fine.
It just isn't what I expected to see. I'll see if I can recreate this problem on a simpler model. (thanks for letting me know I'm not completely crazy).

-bk

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th July 2019 - 04:14 AM