Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 6 axis
Jonatas Heliton
post Apr 8 2014, 03:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,635

hello my friends ... we have a Kuka 150 Krc, and I can not use the 6 axes simultaneously, with 5 being the robot and an external table. start a new process of machining molds orthotics and prosthetics in the field of orthopedics ... if you can help me, Sorry for my english, I'm Brazilian and not use English often ... since I'm already thankful ...

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Apr 14 2014, 02:54 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Jonatas, welcome to the SprutCAM user forum.

I am unsure what you require. Do you already have a SprutCAM robot configuration for your robot? If yes, is it working?
Let me know and I'll see what can be done to assist you.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Jonatas Heliton
post Aug 29 2014, 01:39 PM
Post #3

Hello Dave ..

Yes, we already have a configuration for the robot and it is working. but I need to use more than four axes to machine my product. The only module that I have for this type of operation is the "finishing, 5d contouring." My model for milling is a file 3d scanner (artec), and the extensions that care for sprut cam are iges or stl. Thus the 5d contouring does not recognize the model as it has no sides or lines to mark the model.

The model is a foot of a man.

thank you

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Aug 29 2014, 02:35 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Unfortunately the 5D Contouring operation does not work with mesh surfaces (e.g. *.stl).
Your best option would be to look at the Moduleworks module that can be added to SprutCAM. This does have capabilities for machining mesh surfaces. Attached is a screengrab showing one of these operations which has an option for creating toolpaths for 3 / 4 or 5 axes.
If you speak with your local SprutCAM reseller I'm sure that they will be able to arrange a trial of this for you.

Dave

Attached File(s)
Attached File  29_08_2014_15_51_41.jpg ( 86.79K ) Number of downloads: 26
Attached File  29_08_2014_15_53_54.jpg ( 57.85K ) Number of downloads: 25

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Jonatas Heliton
post Sep 2 2014, 07:17 PM
Post #5

Thanks Dave .. took my doubts. Thing our suppliers, representatives Sprut here in Brazil failed to clearly clarify. One more question:
- Do you think that if you purchase this module, attend my project? And what is the approximate value of this module?

Thank you, Dave.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  sprut.jpg ( 388.28K ) Number of downloads: 11

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Sep 2 2014, 07:54 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Well, looking at your screengrab image, it looks to me like you are using an additional rotary axis with your robot. If this is the case have you tried using the 'Rotary machining' operation?
This operation will machine using a *.stl model.
The attached image shows a 'bust' that is a *.stl model with cutterpaths from the 'Rotary machining' operation.

Dave
Attached File(s)
Attached File  02_09_2014_21_09_41.jpg ( 152.36K ) Number of downloads: 17

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Jonatas Heliton
post Sep 3 2014, 12:54 PM
Post #7

Hello Dave.

I have done several tests with a rotary table. But is this always fails using between the two operations. Why can not I use the rotary table and axes at the same time to do in just one operation. This part of the foot is the most important, and can not stay with amendments.

Need to do these movements with the robot ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lLJVMp04dA...vSZvgdA04aZwKJe
Attached File(s)
Attached File  fail.png ( 1.08MB ) Number of downloads: 10

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Sep 4 2014, 01:30 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

I have done some quick testing here and the new 'Morph' operation that is available in SprutCAM V9 can also be used with *.stl models. You would probably have to generate the required curves either in your external CAD system, or by using the 2D geometry within SprutCAM.
Failing that, you should be able to obtain a trial license from your SprutCAM reseller for the Moduleworks module so that you can see if this is suitable. They will also be able to provide you pricing for the same.

Dave

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Jonatas Heliton
post Sep 5 2014, 05:04 PM
Post #9

Thank you Dave. I'll talk to the suppliers here in S?o Paulo.

But a question.
You would not have any tutorial on geometry "2D Sprut CAM"? I can not draw on the model ...

sorry for the absurd questions .... I am beginner with Sprut Cam, and I had a good training ..

Thank you.

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Sep 7 2014, 09:55 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Sorry, but I don't have a 2D geometry tutorial. You can read the SprutCAM 9 help files under the section named: 'Environment of 2D geometrical constructions'

http://www.sprutcam.com/files/documentatio.../eng/index.html

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2019 - 05:19 AM