Reply to this topicStart new topic
> nc code issues
LastSamurai
post Jan 3 2014, 08:33 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,569

Fest members,

1. My Robot cant use the MultiArc operations which my postprocessor is translating into CIRC for Kuka control. I turned off the use Arcs option in the Machine parameters but in some operations sprutcam is using them always. is there another option to avoid that? At the moment i?m just turning off the output of MultiArcs in my postprocessor, but thats not a proper solution. rolleyes.gif

2. It seems like my postprocessor does not output all coordinates. In Sprutcam every point on my tooling path is in XYZ ABC coordinates as well as the Axis positions. In the finished NC code i have only the coordinates which are changin from point to point. Thats a problem if i?m stopping a program, cause i can?t start with the same arm orientation again to go on in the program when i have moved the robot in the meantime. Is that a problem of my postprocessor or an wrong set parameter in sprutcam?

Maybe i?m just too unproffessional to solve the problems but i?m just starting with robots for milling operations.

Hope anybody can help me,

Thanks

LastSamurai
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jan 5 2014, 08:37 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

It would help if you could put a bit more 'meat on the bones'.
What is your robot? You say that you are using a Kuka postprocessor.............was this provided by your SprutCAM supplier? What machine configuration are you using? Does it match exactly the machine (robot) that you are using?
If you enable to the 'Multiarcs' option in the postprocessor, does this now output the missing ABC coordinates?
Is your postprocessor outputting the XYZ / ABC coordinates only when they have been updated (modal)? If you require that the XYZ / ABC positional information is output for every line, the output registers will have to be updated to non-modal.........which also leads to larger g-code programs.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jan 10 2014, 08:10 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

My postprocessor tutorial thread explains how to change the output from a register between modal and non-modal here: http://forums.sprutcam.com/forums/index.ph...dpost&p=392

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2019 - 02:54 AM