anafranil online
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> need help setting up a workplane to cut with a Kuka, machining on different axes with Kuka robot
neeboy
post Dec 9 2013, 02:31 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,566

I need help setting up SprutCAM to machine on the side of a vertical block. I've been struggling with it all day.

What I want to do is similar to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHw2C8hgiBk

It seemed simple enough, but I can't duplicate it.

I have a Kuka robot. I've successfully cut some flat pockets already...but this whole process of machining on different axes has me stumped. I've attached a screenshot I took from the help files that shows the position I want my router to be in while it's machining the vertical face of my foam block.

I've attached the SprutCAM file...I wasn't sure if I had to include the Solidworks file I brought into SprutCAM; turns out this forum won't allow me to upload a SW file.

Can someone set this up for me? This is just a simple example I intended to use for pure learning. I want to machine away the front face of the foam, leaving the "tombstone" shape seen on the front of the block.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  desired_setup.JPG ( 63.57K ) Number of downloads: 23
Attached File  machine_1_side_of_a_slab.stc ( 90.27K ) Number of downloads: 6
Attached File  image_from_SC_file.JPG ( 51.31K ) Number of downloads: 27

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Dec 10 2013, 07:45 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Your project calculated ok when I opened it, so I would suspect that your SprutCAM installation might need some attention.
I would suggest in the first instance that you update it by using the latest SCsetup.exe version. Please ensure that you run the installer and SprutCAM with full administrator rights assigned to both.

I have added a return sequence to avoid a collision at the end of the machining process.

I hope this helps?

Dave
Attached File(s)
Attached File  machine_1_side_of_a_slab.zip ( 72.57K ) Number of downloads: 6

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
neeboy
post Dec 11 2013, 08:28 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Dec 10 2013, 01:45 AM) *
Your project calculated ok when I opened it, so I would suspect that your SprutCAM installation might need some attention.
I would suggest in the first instance that you update it by using the latest SCsetup.exe version. Please ensure that you run the installer and SprutCAM with full administrator rights assigned to both.

I have added a return sequence to avoid a collision at the end of the machining process.

I hope this helps?

Dave

Hey Dave!

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated! I will do that here shortly.

+Quote Post
neeboy
post Dec 11 2013, 09:33 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

For updating, do I need to do anything beyond clicking the "Updates" button on the top of the screen in the "Help" tab? If I do that is says that I am current (You mentioned using the latest SCsetup.exe file?)

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Dec 11 2013, 10:01 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

The best place to obtain the downloads is from the main SprutCAM website: http://www.sprutcam.com/
It does require registration which is a one off thing. You will then be able to download SprutCAM 7 or 8 as well as other documents.

I'm pretty sure that the new 'Updates' option within SprutCAM 8 is still undergoing development and is temporarily disabled.

I hope this helps.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2019 - 07:39 AM