Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tool library
Rahmtech
post Oct 6 2016, 10:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,908

Hi
I have problems with tool library when using lathe. Do you have any work around for the following things?

1: When defining tools (lathe) I can set tool and correction number but not position in turrent. That is defined in each cycle!!! This is strange. With this approach I have to define the correct position every time I use that tool. Is there a work around.

2: I often loose tools that has been entered into tool library. I even tried to alter the .csv file but I don?t get a good result. Any tips?

/micke
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Oct 18 2016, 04:43 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

I am not sure that I fully understand your first question, so I will make an assumption here, but please correct me if my assumption is incorrect smile.gif

1: Usually the tool number is the turret position. I am assuming that you want to be able to reuse a lathe tool from a previous operation, this can be achieved by right clicking on a new operation and select 'Parameters by operation'......you can then select the previous operation that used the required tool.

2: I am not aware of lathe tools disappearing from the tool library. The only thing that I am aware of that could affect the SprutCAM tool library is not running SprutCAM with full administrator rights. I think that Windows (Microsoft) sometimes lays claim to the file type association; *.csv which could theoretically cause saving problems...........running with full administrator rights should prevent this.
I am not sure how you are adding your tools to the library, are you for example using the 'Add tools to toolkit' option? See attached image.

I hope this helps?

Dave
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Add_Tool.jpg ( 103.63K ) Number of downloads: 7

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2019 - 03:58 AM