Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> warning message in Sprutcam 2007
Art K
post Sep 3 2015, 02:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,585

I am running a tormach mill with mach 3 and sprutcam 2007. I am running a part that is small and two sided. I got it set up with a G54 as side 1 and g55 as side two. I am a bit inexperienced in this and couldn't get it to recognize the need to stop so I could flip the part. Although it did in the simulation recognize that it should be cutting on side 2 and start end milling from the bottom of the part. I ended up doing a tool change "leaving the tool in but under a different tool # that was 2inches longer" that worked fine for the roughing waterline operation but the machine stopped dead at the beginning of the finishing waterline. Where it gave me the message "all axes missing with g92 line 8311". What does this mean? what do I do to straighten it out?
Why is the search in this forum so difficult? I don't use this forum unless I have a problem, and then when I do I've found that clicking on search is pointless. Sorry rant done. Can anyone help me?
Art
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bevin
post Sep 3 2015, 08:07 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,738

Art,
I think you might get more responses if you post on CNCZone SprutCAM forum.
Sorry I can't help you with with your problem.
Bevin

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Sep 3 2015, 12:19 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Art,

I dusted off my old copy of SprutCAM 2007 and checked it out. What you will need to do is create an 'Auxiliary operation' and add a 'STOP' command to it.
See the screengrab images if you aren't sure how to do this. You need to find the 'STOP' command in the right hand window and then double click it so that it appears in the 'command list'.
As long as your postprocessor has the 'Stop' command enabled it should output an 'M00' in the g-code.

I hope this helps?

Dave
Attached File(s)
Attached File  2015_09_03_13_14_51.png ( 22.96K ) Number of downloads: 9
Attached File  2015_09_03_13_12_53.png ( 28.21K ) Number of downloads: 7

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Art K
post Sep 4 2015, 12:42 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,585

Dave,
Thanks for your help, I realized I should have been able to do that but I have found if I don't know the exact terminology to look for it , it might as well not exist. It did stop, but didn't retract to clear the part. Is "go home" in auxiliary what I would use to get to a tool change position? At any rate I fed the z axis up manually flipped the part, pushed start and it did run the roughing waterline 2 operation but stopped at the same place and gave me the same error message "all axes missing with g92 line 8311". I went to the start at line set it for the finish waterline 1 operation and ran it that way, the two sides are identical anyways. Any idea what the error message means? If I'm making some mistake it would be nice to know so I can avoid it next time.
Art

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Sep 4 2015, 08:12 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Art,

Tormach have an article on their site regarding G92: http://www.tormach.com/g92_offsets.html
As there article mentions, G92 is a legacy function which was used prior to work coordinate systems (e.g. G54 / G55 etc.) becoming the 'preferred' method.
It is still used primarily in Wire EDM controls as a way of 'zeroing' the axes at the current location i.e. 'wire feed' locations.

I'm not sure why you would have G92 in the g-code program, but I suspect that there might be an issue with the postprocessor that you are using.
Your options would be to create a separate program for each side of the part, or, try and get your postprocessor modified to better support work coordinate systems. SprutCAM 2007 is no longer a supported product.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th December 2018 - 09:44 PM