Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Format of machine schema odd files
Torin Walker
post Apr 10 2011, 02:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,241

(The topic should read ODS files, not ODD)

A question similar to this was asked in another thread, namely how does one export an odd file - to which was answered that I is not possible to export, and to go back to {manufacturer} for the original. This does not help users with machines for which there is no original.

Therefore, I would like to ask a different question: what is the format? The file has a header of "OpenGL stream file 1.0" but I cannot open this in blender, meshlab, alibre, or even with SprutCAM. Is it just a set of gl
commands that SprutCAM interprets in a proprietary fashion? If so, there must be a specification for the format used by those who did create models for their machines.

I can easily model my own machine, but what format must it be converted to? Please provide details whether standard or proprietary. Your users will then build you a vast library of new machines that ultimately will increase the value of your product, starting with me.

Thank you for your consideration.

Torin ...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Apr 11 2011, 06:59 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Torin, welcome to the SprutCAM forum. I have moved your post as it is more appropriate as a general SprutCAM discussion.
If you are referring to the OSD files (OpenGL Stream Data) then these can be created from within SprutCAM. What you need to do is import the model into SprutCAM in any of the usual formats (*.IGS / *.3dm etc.) then, in Model mode, right click on the model and select 'Save as...' and set the type to *.osd.
It is possible to manually modify a similar existing machine configuration. If you are going to do this I would place it in the 'CustomeSchemas' folder as previously outlined in another post.

Sprut have recently published some software for creating machines (Machine Maker). I'm not sure what the end user price of this is yet.

I can create custom machine configurations for SprutCAM. If you are interested, e-mail me your requirements and I'll send you a quotation for this.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th December 2018 - 10:50 PM