Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Sprutcam 7 User, Tormach Machine Rotary Table in "C" Axis
C.M.Machine
post Apr 7 2011, 09:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,230

Im a new Sprutcam user and wondering can anyone show me how to set the rotary table in the C axis. I have included a sample model that maybe someone can annotate. Im having a hard time with this manual trying to understand it.

Thank you
Chris

Attached File(s)
Attached File  4axis_test.stc ( 156.5K ) Number of downloads: 109

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Apr 9 2011, 06:04 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Chris, welcome to the Sprutcam forum. I have moved your post here as it is the most appropriate section.
Attached is a machine configuration (without images) which should work for what you need. I have kept the rotary axis denoted as the A axis instead of C so that you should be able to use the standard Tormach postprocessor.

To use this you need to unzip the folder to your C:\ProgramData\Sprut Technology\SprutCAM\Version 7\Machines\CustomSchemas folder (Vista / Windows 7).

Then run SprutCAM 7, in Machining mode double left click the current machine, then select the 'Machines' tab, select 'Machines library', select 'Load' icon (Load machine file to full machine list), select 'CustomSchemas', select 'Tormach2' select 'Tormach2.xml' click 'Open'. Now click the green + button and select Ok. Select Tormach2 from the machine list and you are done.
This configuration doesn't currently include images of the machine but should do what you require.
You can still select the 'Machine visibility' button to aid simulation.

I hope this helps.

Dave[attachment=74:Tormach2.zip]
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Tormach2.zip ( 87.12K ) Number of downloads: 68

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
C.M.Machine
post Apr 9 2011, 04:57 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Apr 8 2011, 11:04 PM) *
Hi Chris, welcome to the Sprutcam forum. I have moved your post here as it is the most appropriate section.
Attached is a machine configuration (without images) which should work for what you need. I have kept the rotary axis denoted as the A axis instead of C so that you should be able to use the standard Tormach postprocessor.

To use this you need to unzip the folder to your C:\ProgramData\Sprut Technology\SprutCAM\Version 7\Machines\CustomSchemas folder (Vista / Windows 7).

Then run SprutCAM 7, in Machining mode double left click the current machine, then select the 'Machines' tab, select 'Machines library', select 'Load' icon (Load machine file to full machine list), select 'CustomSchemas', select 'Tormach2' select 'Tormach2.xml' click 'Open'. Now click the green + button and select Ok. Select Tormach2 from the machine list and you are done.
This configuration doesn't currently include images of the machine but should do what you require.
You can still select the 'Machine visibility' button to aid simulation.

I hope this helps.

Dave

Dave,
First of all thanks for the response. The path you asked me to unzip these files to doesnt exist on my setup. C:\ProgramData\Sprut Technology\SprutCAM\Version 7\Machines\CustomSchemas folder.

This is how mine is setup
C:\Program files\Sprut Technology\Sprutcam7\Supplement\Machines. And under machines folder there is Abstractmachine, Initialmachinelist,machinesConfig,Machine Types.

I have the software setup on windows 7 and windows XP. Both paths are the same.

I dont have a path called C:\ProgramData. Maybe Im missing something?

Anyway thanks again.

Chris

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Apr 9 2011, 05:26 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

I think that by default 'ProgramData' is invisible, you'll have to make it visible: Vista: Organise - Folder and search options - View - Show hidden files and folders.

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
C.M.Machine
post Apr 10 2011, 04:05 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Apr 9 2011, 10:26 AM) *
I think that by default 'ProgramData' is invisible, you'll have to make it visible: Vista: Organise - Folder and search options - View - Show hidden files and folders.

Dave,
Thanks mate, I was able to find the correct directory and have created Tormach2.
From what I can tell it seems to work fine, I will post this and see if the c axis is doing what I think it should.
I know you said this doesnt include images and should be able to run the machine simulation. Please see attached screen shot as the machine is somewhat disjointed.
I dont want you to fix this for me but maybe give me some clues you have already done enough.

I was a Visual mill user and decided to switch due to cost and functionality and this feature was one function that Visual Mill can not do.
But between you and me Im having a hard time following the manual.

Best Regards

Attached File(s)
Attached File  MachineSim.doc ( 474.5K ) Number of downloads: 122

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Apr 10 2011, 05:06 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

The machine (attachment) has been modified to remove the images instead of using the default visibility off.

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
C.M.Machine
post Apr 10 2011, 08:44 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Apr 10 2011, 10:06 AM) *
The machine (attachment) has been modified to remove the images instead of using the default visibility off.

Dave,
I posted the file as mentioned, and no C/rotary movement at all. I have previously cut the part not using the rotary table 3 axis movement just to get used to the software. The only reason I wanted this feature is because the X axis has more travel than the Y axis. So to somewhat extend the limits and the ability of the machine I thought that if I was able to utilize the C axis that would account for the shorter Y travel.

Best Regards

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Apr 10 2011, 09:45 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Have you enabled 'Rotary transformation'?

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
C.M.Machine
post Apr 11 2011, 12:53 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Apr 10 2011, 02:45 PM) *
Have you enabled 'Rotary transformation'?

Dave,
My fault I forgot to enable this.

+Quote Post
C.M.Machine
post Apr 11 2011, 09:56 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (C.M.Machine @ Apr 11 2011, 05:53 AM) *
Dave,
My fault I forgot to enable this.

Dave,
Still no luck. I have enabled 'Rotary transformation' and the simulation indicates it's working properly (Machine Simulation turned on ). When I post the file I still get no rotary motion.

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Apr 11 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Disable CNC interpolation.

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
C.M.Machine
post Apr 17 2011, 10:09 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Apr 11 2011, 03:11 PM) *
Disable CNC interpolation.

Dave,
Just thought I would let you know the guys at Tormach are looking at this as when I ran the post the machine wasnt very happy.

Best Regards

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th December 2018 - 09:17 PM